Switch to full style
New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.
Post a reply

Hey All

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 am

I'm a late bloomer from the Southern Highlands. First bike at 56. (Mid life crisis or over the hill gang, I'm not sure which). Anyway got my L's 2 weeks ago and luv'n it.Only fallen off twice, spilt some blood, lost some skin, but worse - broke a fairing on my 1999 ZZR250. Pee'd off. On the plus side I havn't run off the road or hit anybody yet - bonus. I hope to catch up with some of you soon, maybe go on a easy beginners ride. If it dosen't kill me it will make me a better rider. Cheers Guys. Olde Phart

Re: Hey All

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:42 am

Like we need more old pharts round here :lol: welcome to KSRC ;)

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:45 am

Nothin wrong with old farts Rob (YOUR NOT THAT YOUNG)
Welcome to "The Club"

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

welcome to the club :) :)

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:12 pm

seiko1 wrote:Nothin wrong with old farts Rob (YOUR NOT THAT YOUNG)
Welcome to "The Club"

Hey 42 is young as far as I am concerned :lol: if you can get full ulysses membership thats old sad1.gif

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Welcome aboard :D

I'm with Rob on this one - 40's are great :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Plenty of good roads down our way. Take it easy for a while though, 2 spills in 2 weeks aren't that great odds. I'm only on the road for another week then the bike will be converted in to a full time trackie. Enjoy and will see you on the track when the bug bites.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi Olde Phart...from another

Got my first serious bike at 56 too...never too old...despite what them young fellas say... :twisted:

robracer wrote:
Welcome to "The Club"

Hey 42 is young as far as I am concerned :lol: if you can get full ulysses membership thats old sad1.gif

Getting older is not sad...just another opportunity to do something new.. :kuda:

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:13 pm

G'day and welcome ye olde phart......... :kuda:

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks for the words guys. They say you are only as old as the woman you feel. Oh, hold on. That ain't so young either haha. For Wardy. Thanks mate, the spills wern't as bad as they sound. The first was in pre learners - the bike wasn't even running. Turned wheel and front brake while coasting. I won't do that again. The second was practising at the botom of my very quiet street - hit gravel on corner at prob 5kl/h. I now wear bullit proof (kevlar lined) pants. I have been for a ride out Yerranbool (spelling?) last weekend. Great road for learner. Not much traffic and some nice bends. Cheers.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:17 pm

welcome :D :D

Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:41 am

welcome along mate......... 8)

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Welcome. Nice to see your getting amongst it... Age means nothing

:kuda:

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm

robracer wrote:
Welcome to "The Club"

I agree entirely!!!! 42 is young!!!! But, this guy is 56!!!!! :shock: And just started riding!!!! :shock: Your a brave man olde Phart!!!!! :kuda: Welcome aboard the bored board! ;)

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 pm

gidday from this ol'fart to another ol'fart
welcome :kuda:
Post a reply