Hello there...

New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.

Hello there...

Postby grimmelkin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:13 am

Just joined and thought I'd say hi,

Getting a bike has been on the wish list for so long but something has always come up... So just before Xmas I did the deed and picked up a Purple ZZR250. (yeah it's a little girly but what can I say.. I like purple )

Got my Ls about 3.5 years ago and managed to get my Ps with bugger all riding experience nearly two years ago on a scooter (if you can ride a pushie you can ride a scooter...). Worked out while I was doing my Ls test that the cheap scooter option is fine for 5ft/40kg people who want to run down the local shops at 40-60k/h but not so good for my 5'11" at 90kg and wanting the option to get to the bits of Melbourne Pubic transport doesn't cover... (Anything over 125CC scooter is more expensive than a bike and the seating config makes it feel like an office chair with an outboard motor)..

So after spending a couple of years eyeing up all the shiny bikes riding around I did an 'intro to motorcycles' course a few months back to learn how to change gears so that I would have some chance of riding one when I bought it. Probably should have re-done the L test training on a bike but figured I could nut out the difference... :shock:

So I've spent the last couple of weeks crawling around the back streets were I live in the middle of the night when it is quiet learning how to ride it. (yeah more than 2 hours on a bike before getting the bike would have helped..) Getting more confident now though and it is starting to feel a bit more natural, I've taken it out of my postcode the last two rides and played in a little traffic today.. I've been taking it slowly though, figure the more time I can clock on it at lower speeds while the roads are quiet the better..

Looking forward to taking it out of Melbourne soon, some where the roads aren't completely straight (and aren't 40k/h zones with speed bumps..) I had Yarra bend area recommended to me as a good place to start close to home, so I'll probably check that out this week. Not looking to go crazy or anything just want to learn to take corners other than right/left corners at intersections...

So anyway that's me, newb chick on a purple bike.. Loving it so far :D
grimmelkin

Bike: ZZR250
State: Victoria

Re: Hello there...

Postby seiko1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:30 am

Welcome and everything but your name :kuda:
Get out of the bloody city if you want to learn with safety.
Riding up to Bendigo to meet up with one or two of the boy's if your interested????
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R

Postby Smitty » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 am

welcome.... :kuda:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R

Postby grimmelkin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 am

Sorry name would help wouldn't it.. I'm Jasmine.
Thanks for the offer on the ride to Bendigo but think I need to do a few days hours putting around like a bit of an old nanna before I get out with a group (it is easier to be a newb with no one watching :oops: ) Definitely could be up for it in a couple of weeks though :)
Thanks for the warm welcomes too :D
grimmelkin

Bike: ZZR250

Postby DMonkey » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am

Welcome jasmine! Enjoy riding the bike and the best wa yot learn is ride ride ride! You will know when you are ready to venture futher!
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...Holy shit...What a ride!
Team Crash '09', '10'
DMonkey
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one

Postby greg » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:02 pm

HI guys.... A little about myself, but more importanly about my bike. My name is Greg. I ride a ZX12R 02 model. Candy green in colour and loving it. I have ben riding for about 13 years now. Keen to always go riding with a few. So if you are interested let meknow. I'm based south of sydney sylvania way.
greg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby robracer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Jasmine, welcome to KSRC :D
Greg Hello to you too, can I suggest you start up your own greetings thread so there is less confusion ;)
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby swearbear9r » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi and welcome ........... 8)
Swearbear
swearbear9r
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor