New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.
Post a reply

Hey Guys...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:16 pm

i'm looking to finally get a bike. i have wanted a bike since about 10yrs old, i remember my parents gave me a choice of a new bmx or dirt bike. went to have a look one night & the motorbike shop was closed. saw a shiny new cali mongoose(should have got the haro) & got that instead, always regretted it but it was probably for the best. i rode that bmx everywhere as a kid with friends & the traily would have probably been stolen or...

i've never had my own bike but have ridden some dirt bikes as a kid just in parks, friends had rm80, yz80 & a dt175. nearly killed myself a few times on the dt, was only about 13-14. few years later at about 18 some friends had some sport bikes that i rode a few times zxr250 & rgv250. so not a complete newb to riding but havn't been on a bike in a long time.

family still hate the idea... it's been 20+yrs since i wanted my own bike & can't wait to finaly get one. maybe waiting was for the best as i've matured a lot.

i'm looking to buy a zxr250 c model or similar to get me through restrictions which luckily will only be for a year & a bit. i weigh about 90-95kg & 5'9" tall. i was about to buy a zxr250 last weekend but got messed around by the seller.

anyone know of any good lams bikes for sale in sydney please let me know?

BTW my uncle used to have a z900 back in the day, he loved that bike. i remember watching STONE as a kid with my uncle.

cheers
Rob

Re: Hey Guys...

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Welcome aboard Rob :D

The DT175 was the first bike I ever rode! Great fun ;)

I'm sure there will be some suggestions for a LAMS bike soon :kuda: :kuda:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:44 am

Hi Rob and welcome to KSRC :kuda:

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:04 am

Welcome to the forum

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:55 am

Hi Rob, welcome to KSRC wave.gif good luck with the search for a new ride

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 am

Welcome Rob.

Good luck with the bike search

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi and welcome buddy ..... 8)

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi & Welcome to the club :D

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:57 pm

My only advise would be to NOT buy a ZXR250C, lots of better bikes for your size/weight IMHO, plus the are getting very long in the tooth now.

A Ninja 250 is the top selling bike in the country - for good reason.

If you can afford it a ER6L or (my pick) a Versys 650L is by far a better option.

Just my 0.02 worth ;)

Enjoy :kuda:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:51 pm

No hello for me :(

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 pm

robeel wrote:...... my uncle used to have a z900 back in the day, he loved that bike. i remember watching STONE as a kid with my uncle.....

You have past the test.

welcome aboard Rob :lol:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Go the versys! Very versatile bike.. 8)

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Here ya go, much better than a ZXR250 ;)

But I agree with Hoff, the Versys is a balltearer. I've done a fair few K's on one over 3 days and loved it.
Post a reply