Switch to full style
New to KSRC? Then why not tell us about yourself and your bike.
Post a reply

Newbie with questions for SA Riders :D

Sun May 15, 2011 9:58 am

Hey guys been riding for few weeks. At the moment a gpx250 '06, but hopefully a new 250R
soon. Are there any good places to go around Adelaide, excluding hills for time being?

Thanks

Re: Newbie with questions for SA Riders :D

Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Adamm wrote:excluding hills for time being?

Insane question! :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:01 pm

west,north or east and keep going :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 pm

h.b.bear wrote:west,north or east and keep going :lol:

He'll drown if he goes west ;)

Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 pm

EXCLUDING THE HILLS!!!!!!! Are you mad??? If you own a bike, and live in Adelaide, you GOTTA ride the hills. Just watch for coppers, they love the place :kuda:

Fri May 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi mate and welcome . come for a ride down the south east lol nice coast ride lol......... not to many twistys though grr :(

Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Im happy to ride with you if you want to go out. You should come Sunday to Cudlee Creek Cafe and meet a few, don't let the hills spook you. No pressure.

Fri May 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Possum wrote:Im happy to ride with you if you want to go out. You should come Sunday to Cudlee Creek Cafe and meet a few, don't let the hills spook you. No pressure.

Right you........that's it!! I've had enough!!! :x :x :x :x Stop teasing me!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: One of my favourite runs was from the bottom of the gorge rd up to Cudlee Ck rd and into Lobethal for the usual meet up! Then a run up and down again and then a run around the summertown rd whatever it's called, A run up and down eagle on the hill and then back to Lobethal for food and the final run down Chain Of ponds and back into town.

I also used to like bits and pieces of the run down to ....err memory blank....down south via Mt barker. You guys know it, the one with the orchards on one side of the hill??? The town has a bakery which all the bikes hang out at...fcuk what's it called????? Nope...not coming to me......! :lol: Put me out of my misery one of you south Aussies!!

Also didn;t mind parts of the run out into the clare valley. There are some nice roads hidden up around there too. The adelaide hills are really, or were really motorcycling nirvana. I reckon half my corner speed came from lots of weekends spent riding the hills. I lived in Westbourne park (Spell), so the hills were ten minutes away for me. I'd leave Sunday about 8.00am and not come home till 6pm!!! Loved it. The endless corners are just fucking brilliant! I gotta get over there and pay a visit to you crow eaters once I get this stupid Polyarthralgia under control! :D

Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Teasing you :shock: , torchering myself... a fine weekend and Im in desperate need of new rubber :cry: .. and yes enough yap get ur arse over here :D

Fri May 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Strika wrote:
I also used to like bits and pieces of the run down to ....err memory blank....down south via Mt barker. You guys know it, the one with the orchards on one side of the hill??? The town has a bakery which all the bikes hang out at...fcuk what's it called????? Nope...not coming to me......! :lol: Put me out of my misery one of you south Aussies!!

The adelaide hills are really, or were really motorcycling nirvana. I reckon half my corner speed came from lots of weekends spent riding the hills. I lived in Westbourne park (Spell), so the hills were ten minutes away for me. I'd leave Sunday about 8.00am and not come home till 6pm!!! Loved it. The endless corners are just fucking brilliant! I gotta get over there and pay a visit to you crow eaters once I get this stupid Polyarthralgia under control! :D

Cherry gardens? Strathalbyn?

As you know Marty you always have a place to stay here and a bike to ride when you are here. 8)

Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Strathalbyn....that's the one. Thanks Jonno, it was 97 last I lived there & only had a race bike at the time. So the last I rode up there was 93/94 on my little FZR600E. It was a perfect little Adelaide Hills bike. 110 front, 140 rear so it changed direction pretty fucking quick. It made a lot of FZR1000's, fireblades & ZXR750's look silly.

Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 am

Gorge rd is popo central now...apparently and we don't go there :shock:
Mad Mile :D Chain of Ponds :D Basket Range :D :D :D ugh ugh ugh :kuda:

Sat May 28, 2011 2:41 am

dont forget your favourite darrion the.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................CORKSCREW smileinbox.gif

Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 am

zx899r wrote:dont forget your favourite darrion the.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................CORKSCREW smileinbox.gif

I HATE THE CORKSCREW!!!!! :lol:

Sun May 29, 2011 8:25 pm

seiko1 wrote:
zx899r wrote:dont forget your favourite darrion the.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................CORKSCREW smileinbox.gif

I HATE THE CORKSCREW!!!!! :lol:

You got Corkscrew out of that???? :?

I was wondering where there was a road called "Jack-in-a-box"!! :lol:
Post a reply