Archie, My 1990 Lucky Strike RGV250 VJ21

Show us your happy snaps here

Re: Archie, My 1990 Lucky Strike RGV250 VJ21

Postby dutchy » Thu May 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Nice write up. It's always great to hear about you people riding and going to track days and having a ball. If anyone wants me i'll be in my shed. :(
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby EDU » Thu May 05, 2011 8:05 pm

I haven't done PI yet but after reading the whole thing (and especially the last line) the pressure sure is getting to me! :lol:
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Dafuzz31 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Great write up there.....was perfect to read.....it just makes me wanna go out and buy a tracky but i think the roady will just have to do for now. The bike looks awsum on the track....i love the front grille mesh looks mean as and the colour scheme is retro as.

Also are you sure you raced at the island?? those pics look a bit to sunny for me.
2009 ZX-6r Monster Energy Edition - Hotbodies MGP Growler slipon, DynoJet PCV, Dyno Jet Auto Tune, K&N Race Airfilter
Dafuzz31
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Victoria

Postby robracer » Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Awesome Picks :P n great write up, made for good lunchtime reading :D
Go EC mid June with the roudy KSRC bunch :kuda:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby MIZ RX3 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:23 pm

next track day : double header at EC on June Long Weekend!!!
Pink on the outside, but still green on the inside!
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Ninja 250
State: ACT

Postby Nelso » Sat May 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Haha, nice write up Stace. It will be good to catch up at the track again some day to see the improvement in your riding. :kuda:
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby MIZ RX3 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Nelso wrote:Haha, nice write up Stace. It will be good to catch up at the track again some day to see the improvement in your riding. :kuda:

I dunno about an improvement in my riding, I've definitley got heaps more confidence, but I'm getting rather good at sliding doqwn the track, must be learning from you.. :p

After the KSRC Marulan Day (which Nelso bitched out on his whore of the RGV *insert more chicken noises here* :lol: ) Archie has gone off to Suspension Smith (Laurie with the Girder R1) to have his rear shock rebuilt and the suspension all set up for the PCRA 1 hour at Wakefield in September.

Rob at RT Printing was called in to master the huge number of custom stickers and, like always, theyre nothing short of f*cking brilliant. I was very particular in what I wanted, what colours they had to be, and the sheer number of stickers I wanted (heaps lol) and how I wanted them done, and Rob was simply awesome.

I have no other excuse now, other than to get my arse into gear and get him all fibreglassed, prepped and painted before the 1-hour.

As most of you saw at Marulan, Archie has a fair smattering of damage down the right hand side from my slide at Marulan earlier this year, that needs some serious TLC, along with a headlight hole and the Indicator holes (from the road gear) that need patching and painting.

This evenings job will be to pick my colours, I have a few in mind, and the general paint scheme has been picked (Gos and Robracer, you say one word, and it'll be war, you saw what happened to MickLC...) and order the paints, along with dropping off the wets' wheels to the Capital Powdercoating, here in Canberra for their custom powdercoating to be laid down!

The scheme will be kept underwraps, but progress pics will most likely be posted as i get through all the firbeglassing and prep work!
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MIZ RX3 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Well while a few things are curing, its time to sit down with a Beam and finally write up an update.

Since we picked it up from SuspensionSmith, i've been hella busy preparing the plastic Lucky Strike Fairings for repair and fibreglass. This is nasty ass shit. And it turns out I learnt more than I thought from the ex who was (and still is) a "fibreglass technician" - he builds spoilers and body kits for a company.

To Do List:
- Patch Indicator mount holes
- fix the hole i wore thru on my slide at Marulan
- build a Ghetto-esque belly pan - must hold 2.5L of oil
- fill in the Headlight hole
- Strengthen the fix supa did on the front fairing

For the small amount of fibreglass i needed, it was a complete waste of $$ to buy big sheets or a roll of fibreglass, so i picked up a couple of 3M Fibreglass Repair kits from supercheap. Not bad for $30ea! They come with a small amount of fibreglass matting, Resin, catalyst, a few popsicle sticks and a measuring cup. 12drops : 20ml of resin and you're ready to boogie. Precutting the fibreglass sheeting is a good idea, one you get resin on your gloves, you're stickier than jam toast.

I've been dropping hints on Facebook all week about the paint scheme and those privvy enough to be my friend will have seen the MASSIVE amount of stickers Robracer did up for me. and the colours.. Lets just say its no longer red and white, and it's not going to be green... :kuda:
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby kawadave » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Beam = good... green = :kuda:
Don't knock my turbo lag - it gives your naturally aspirated a chance..

2013 Motogp tipping champ.

83 GPZ 750 Turbo
78 Z1R 1000
80 Z1R Mk11
07 ZRX 1200r
83 GSX1000sd Katana

https://www.youtube.com/user/htmonaro
kawadave
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: Queensland

Postby MIZ RX3 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh its certainly not green!!!! It'll be unmissable, but its definitely not green!!!!!

Unfortunately it turns out Supa has a bit of an eye issue, which means he has almost no vision (and the small bit he does have is VERY PAINFUL) in his right eye. He has almost no Depth perception, and trying to concentrate on anything moving is almost impossible. Doctors orders are pretty much zero driving or operating a vehicle. Bye bye riding for the time being, which means no racing either. :(

So, as I can't enter the 1hour by myself, we had to find a second rider. Introducing Team Tiny Suzuki SupaStace's invitational rider, Charlie Manwaring! Now Charlie is doing pretty bloody well in PCRA's PreModern class, so I may not come deadlast after all! With Charlie as my Co-rider, Supa as our one-eyed Team Manager and MickLC as our one armed pit bitch, we're sure as shit to look like the token 'special' team.

The second last layer of carbon for the clutch cover is curing now (it look so freakin' awesome and is me all over) and half the fairings are primed and ready for paint this weekend, (hopefully with access to a baking booth) and he'll be all ready for the 17th. As a small side note, I'm quietly shitting myself, hoping to god I don't f*ck up the Le Mans start, and crash on the first lap. If I finish my half of the riding, without sliding across the track and having a nap in the grass, i'll be happy. I'm not out there to win, but to finish.

So if you've got no plans for the 17th and 18th of September, come up to Wakefield and watch the guys (and gals) go round and round (Saturday is the sprint races, Sunday is the 'enduro'), come and have a laugh at me or better yet, put your name down to be a flaggie! I know we're still a few short!!!!
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MIZ RX3 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Right. Beam and Top Gear time, but before the ads finish and the Trio comes back, a bit of an update - We're almost all ready to go!!!!

Overflow bottle fitted today, cooling system lock-wired and the side stand removed. Laid down some colour on the Fairings today. Lets just say, it'll be unmissable at WP!! Bit brighter than I wanted, but with the Stickers by RT Printing, it looks the goods (the paint matches almost perfectly ;) ) The Chambers got a coat of matching paint (they were red) and it looks like We'll actually make it.

Why am I going to so much effort with the fairings? Well the bike itself is still running freaking sweet, and needs no "fixing", a clean out of the carbs, clean out of the vhambers and change the gearbox oil and that's it (Thanks go to Supa for keeping it running!!). That and the fairings were beginning to look very tired and needed some serious TLC..
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Sulli » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 pm

There will bee a cupla old blokes coming from Qld will be with the north coast road racers group competing in the buckets hope to catch up with you there :)
Nostradamus probably got it right
Sulli
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby kawadave » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 pm

This looks very much like you Miz.....15 sec in.

Don't knock my turbo lag - it gives your naturally aspirated a chance..

2013 Motogp tipping champ.

83 GPZ 750 Turbo
78 Z1R 1000
80 Z1R Mk11
07 ZRX 1200r
83 GSX1000sd Katana

https://www.youtube.com/user/htmonaro
kawadave
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MIZ RX3 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:54 am

Sulli wrote:There will bee a cupla old blokes coming from Qld will be with the north coast road racers group competing in the buckets hope to catch up with you there :)

Don't be shy, come down and say hello, just look for the pink team shirts ;)
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MIZ RX3 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 am

kawadave wrote:This looks very much like you Miz.....15 sec in.

Yeah that's from the KSRC Marulan day earlier last month.. I think Jonno shot the footage...
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp