Show us your happy snaps here
Post a reply

Here's Humphrey

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 pm

If you follow the story that will become clear ... later. ;)

So after owning a Honda for a year and a half and 32,000km - and still not being able to bond with it, I came back to team green. Going by the experiences with the GPX250 and ZZR600 - and even HM's ZZR1100 I decided that the way to truly bond with the machine is to ... well, get amongst it. :kuda:

Starting with one very sad 1996 ZX9R B3 that has been someone's pride and joy in the past, but been left in pieces until some guy had to move house. That's when it went to the wreckers, who reassembled (loosely) it to see what they had. They were a few bits short, like a piston, a couple of head bolts and a few other necessary go parts, as well as some hoses and other bolts and stuff. Still, its a start.

3 weeks ago it was delivered to my house looking like this

Hmmm, upside downs, six potters and an aftermarket can are plusses ... but that paint has to go. I don't even care that it probably cost someone 2K. They even started polishing the frame. That doesn't fit with my plans either.

I got some bits in a bag

and found some more in the boot.

Re: Here's Humphrey

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:52 pm

First thing is to get it in the shed and undress it

its a bit cramped with that car in there, but for now I'm concentrating on the plastics. If you look carefully at the front shot in pic 3 you might see a piece of sticky tape on the left side. It was covering a crack in the paint. :shock: :shock:

Quite a lot of it peeled like a boiled egg

Then I got real lucky. On one day I sold the Honda and two cars, which meant I could move the one out of the shed - and really spread out

and that was pretty much that. :twisted:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Now that there are a few bits and pieces arriving in the mail (yes, some from China) I thought I should start reassembly ... the proper way, with the diagrams in one hand :P

Couple of days off now - gotta ride, go and see kids n stuff.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am

Very nice addition to the garage Daisy. :kuda:

Here's Humphrey

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:16 am

Love ya work

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 am

Cool Daisy :)

Is that an aftermarket rear shock?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 am

The frame and swingarm look good in black. :kuda:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:17 am

:D I was going to do it in a dark grey satin, but the black was already on the shelf.

Tim, the shock appears to be the standard one.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 am

Nice one Daisy :D

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:35 am

Humphrey because he's not going to wear pants?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 am

Lookin' good so far :kuda: I think Team Bolt (Stace) had a B model 9 at one point ? He might be good for info on this model......

Black frame etc look heaps better than unfinished or half-finished alloy, and that paint job :shock: :x :x shocker.

8)

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:27 am

Parcel man has just delivered my tyres and a little package from ... :twisted: ... China. :P :P :P

I started doing the wiring yesterday, but its a FarRide weekend so I'm outta here. :kuda:

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Top Stuff Daisy

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:38 am

:kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:48 am

Nice stuff. Can't wait for the next installment. :)
Post a reply