New addition to my 'Kawasaki' Family..!!

Show us your happy snaps here

New addition to my 'Kawasaki' Family..!!

Postby Maccarocks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi all...

Well I have added a new addition to my Kawasaki family.. yes I now have a cruiser..!! :shock: I never thought I would ever have one, but I love it, so much fun to ride and enough torque to pull stumps out of the ground..

It is really just another toy for me, so I can take the missus for those cruisy rides down the ocean road, it is in no way going to take the place of my ZX10's.. but if you havent ever ridden a cruiser with forward controls, you should just go and try one for fun, they are so comfortable to ride.

This one I picked up was looking a bit shabby when I got it, with very low k's, but after a week of setting it up, adjusting, cleaning, badge & sticker removal, new pipe installation, custom performance baffle fitment, secondary air injection disconnecting, number plate relocation and a full overall service, it has come up a treat.

So here is the new baby, the 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom. ;)

Macca
Attachments
PIC_0003.jpg
PIC_0003.jpg (75.11 KiB) Viewed 3205 times
PIC_0004.jpg
PIC_0004.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 3205 times
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Re: New addition to my 'Kawasaki' Family..!!

Postby hoffy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Wtf :?
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby Maccarocks » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Dont worry Hoffy,

I am not heading over to the other side, it's just another toy for me..!!! ;)

Nothing beats a screaming ZX10..... :twisted:

Macca
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Possum » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Not my cup of tea, but what ever floats ya boat ;)
Congrats on the new stable edition 8)
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby born green » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Nice clean looking bike macca, nothing wrong with that mate, it's not all about head down bum draggin knee's thru the spur's...it a different way to enjoy ur riding.
I often said if i stop spending money on my 10, i would buy something simlar, and just cruise at times, so enjoy mate :) :)
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Strika » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Cruisers are great for slow speed work, but are tiring on the long hauls. I've ridden a few over the years. My favourite is a VN1500. The 8 + 9 hundreds are nice bikes and your missus will love it Macca, but the 15's have more pull than a boy scout troop. I used to ride Cosways one home regularly. It had straight through pipes with no mufflers at all. It was fun to pull in front of people and back off and watch their faces as flames rushed out of the pipes and towards their bonnet! It was obnoxiously loud. Harley loud. But for some reason, nobody winges when you ride a loud cruiser. Ride a loud sports bike and you will be locked up, but a cruiser??? Nah.. they're cool apparently so they are exempt. :)

Get that arse end lowered Macca. No point having a cruiser unless it looks gangster! ;)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby Baddie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Cant wait to see you lean that over...LoL

:D
http://superbikesource.com.au/
For aftermarket racing products, from Annitori Quickshifters to Race fairings.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/forum.php
Baddie
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Maccarocks » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Well I have been definitely copping a bit of shit for my recent purchase from some of my other mates..!! But I can take it.. ;) As I said, I am not defecting to the other side... The ZX10's are not going anywhere...

I will be lowering the rear 2 inches definitely. The Vance & Hines pipes came with the purchase, but where totally unbaffled and way too loud, so I had some custom 400mm performance baffles made and it sounds horn now and has even more low end torque.

My missus is only 55 kilo's, so I dont even feel her on the back, and I would much rather cruise around on this one rather than the ZX10, that one is definitely not a pillion friendly bike.. :roll: So now I can leave the pillion pegs off the '10' for good, and just jump on that one when I want to have a 'fast' ride with the boys. :twisted:

I dont think I will be getting the knee down on this one.. It was always meant to be a bit of fun, not sure how long I will keep it for, but for the moment I am really happy, something different to ride.. a new experience for me.. 8)

Macca
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MAXUMIS » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Mate if you and your missus are happy thats all that matters 8)
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R

Postby born green » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 am

Maccarocks wrote:Well I have been definitely copping a bit of shit for my recent purchase from some of my other mates..!! But I can take it.. ;) As I said, I am not defecting to the other side... The ZX10's are not going anywhere...

I will be lowering the rear 2 inches definitely. The Vance & Hines pipes came with the purchase, but where totally unbaffled and way too loud, so I had some custom 400mm performance baffles made and it sounds horn now and has even more low end torque.

My missus is only 55 kilo's, so I dont even feel her on the back, and I would much rather cruise around on this one rather than the ZX10, that one is definitely not a pillion friendly bike.. :roll: So now I can leave the pillion pegs off the '10' for good, and just jump on that one when I want to have a 'fast' ride with the boys. :twisted:

I dont think I will be getting the knee down on this one.. It was always meant to be a bit of fun, not sure how long I will keep it for, but for the moment I am really happy, something different to ride.. a new experience for me.. 8)

Macca

Well i bet mark hasnt be giving u a hard time.... as he had a cruiser himself for a while, unless he still has it? and it was a harley :shock: :shock: well a v rod.. but still a cruiser :) :)
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Benno » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am

Looks great Macca!

Actually, is this the bike they stick car tyres on the rear and get around 40k km's out of them?
Vespa!
Benno
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Scooter

Postby Six Addict » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am

they do that to a lot of cruisers benno...
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Return to Show Off Your Ride & Photo Comp