Show us your happy snaps here
Post a reply

I could've helped myself, but decided not to! ;)

Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 pm

I got a new bike!!! :D :D :D

Ok, so it's not new-new, just new to me. It's an '05 ZX10, with under 17K on the clock :)

I have fallen in love-at-first-sight with exactly 3 bikes: the '05/06 636 in green, the '04/05 ZX10 (in titanium) and the MV Agusta F4... and now I own 2 of them :)
Yeah, I know, pretty slow mover - been lusting after a bike since 2004, and I finally get one in 2013, but you can't rush these things :lol:

Seriously, I can think of 101 reasons not to buy this bike, but I kept coming back to [insert toddler tanty voice] "But I WAAAAAAANT ONE!" :lol: And isn't that the best reason? I mean, it's not like we ride bikes for practical reasons - it's all about the fun. So, knowing that I still wanted one after all these years, and knowing that I would always regret never having one, I thought what the hell :D The Lad has been trying to decide whether he wanted a zeddy or a rex, so I figured I'd palm my zeddy off on him and grab this Crim that I spotted. Luckily he's such a forgiving bloke :lol: Thanks for the all-clear MadKaw - it's all your fault ;)

There's a few changes I want to make. It's got a stock can on it :( It's got gold screen bolts :vom: And smoky checkered indicator covers :vom: And there's two holes in the frame where it looks like a plate has been removed (but the compliance plate is on the other side)? And they drilled the tail to put rear indicators in :? But at the end of the day, it's a tidy Crim with low kays, and I can change those other things. I wonder if Dave#3's Akra will fit?... :twisted:

Will take better pics soon, but here she is, strapped down in the trailer this arvo on her way home:
crim.jpg
crim.jpg (75.04 KiB) Viewed 6762 times

Re: I could've helped myself, but decided not to! ;)

Wed May 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Cant wait to see it in the flesh 8) ....... and a name?

Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 pm

No name yet... Will have to meditate over that while doing old road laps on Friday :D

Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Was that an invite? :kuda:

Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Congrats :kuda:

Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Mine has the 2 holes in the LHS frame too.
In seppoville they have a little Kawasaki tag in that spot.

Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Cool - thanks for that info Wattie!

Rob: Maybe - I won't know until tomorrow arvo though. I'm wrapping up my current project this week and if I get it finished tomorrow, that leaves Friday free for laps, so I'll be working my butt off all day tomorrow, seeing as though I took today off to go test ride & pick her up

Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Let me know how you go ;)

Wed May 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Nice work Cath. Congratulations.

If you want a Hyperpro Steering Damper let me know

Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 pm

I want :)

PM me a price you'd be happy with and hopefully Dave hasn't changed my banking password ;)

Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Nice !! hope you and Jacko are very happy together (work that one out ;) )

Wed May 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Nice!!! Win win for the both of you :)

Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Nice one Cath! Glad to see you stuck by the Gosling Principle too and didn't sell the Zed. :kuda:

Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Great stuff mate. Time for some wheelies now! :twisted:

Thu May 02, 2013 7:20 am

Dont ever get your mind into the need versus want arguement, in this case you didnt, congrats Cath. 8)
Post a reply