Kawasaki Moto GP - Catalunya

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Re: Kawasaki Moto GP - Catalunya

Postby mick_dundee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 pm

Blurr wrote:Post race interview Stoner questioned his tyre set up. :shock:

I'm not surprised the arse as moving from lap 1... surely though the rider makes the final call on what tyres he carries? Pedrosa had hard front and rear, Rossi/Stoner medium front hard rear so "theoretically" they should have been able to take him in the early laps till tyres started to degarade... least that;s what I would have thought but I know less than Photomike :P
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby Six Addict » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:28 pm

all depends on what actual compound the michelins and bridgies are...

i'd imagine the hard and medium compounds are only relative to what each company brought to the race meet... ive no doubt that the "hard" tyre from catalunya to malaysia will be different compounds and you may find that the "medium" at one meet is more like the "hard" compound at another track...

that and how riders work the front and rear might be different, maybe casey doesnt push the front as much therefore doesnt heat it up as much... who knows....

but then again ive only been riding for 20 months :P

tho i have been watching racing for much longer... i am old enough to remember watching the 1990 phillip island GP... and watching it many times on tape... gotta love the 500s
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati
State: New South Wales

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 pm

There are also the different constructions of each tyre, yes they may have been the same compound but were they the same tyre construction wise :?
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Barrabob » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:24 am

I will go with phill on this one hard med and soft can refer to carcass flex and not compound once the rubber over heats the tyre just falls to bits.

I personally think they should just park the thing (zxrr) in a crate in the back of a shed somewhere and stick to building trains or something like that, they have had plenty of good riders and no real result for years like consistently top ten and occasional top 5 would be a result but continually struggling for grip is a waste of time.
If I rode my bike at the speed of light, what would happen when I switched on its headlights?

Barrabob
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Previous

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing