Kawasaki Moto GP - Laguna

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Re: Kawasaki Moto GP - Laguna

Postby cookeetree » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 am

'Twas a great race, until that little incident. Casey loves sliding the rear into the corners, but it almost seemed like he went the wrong way coming into that corner. Rossi's "fault"? Dunno.

Full credit to Rossi for staying with (and in front of) Casey. A true Master vs Student race.
In God, we trust; all others must supply data.
cookeetree
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR1100
State: Queensland

Postby frog » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:46 pm

Not Rossies fault, just Caseys error. But the guy in front can do what he likes to STAY in front.
Jedi of the darKside
Just because you can ride, doesnt mean you should. My reason on this earth is an example to others what NOT to do.
frog
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Rusty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:37 pm

I'm not saying it was Rossi's fault either. He owned that position on the track - it wasn't up to him to vacate it, it was up to Stoner to avoid him and find a way around. I do think there was a bit of protecting his position going on, which was forcing Stoner wider and wider. Perfectly legitimate.
Rusty
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX9R

Postby Big Al Glynn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Good to hear Hopper in the commentary box, he comes across as a really nice bloke 8) , pity he had to miss his home GP thru injury. We are still waiting for the guy to show us what the Kawasaki can really do, he is a superb rider talent wise, not sure about development wise, which is what Kawasaki need. Its going to be hard for The Ant to keep motivation and confidence now, when he just keeps running it in the dirt :roll:
Big Al
I told the wife I would be home after 8..... (I meant 8 Pints)
Big Al Glynn
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: New South Wales

Postby Nanna10r » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:06 am

Westy's GONE. Don't get me wrong i'm a huge Ant fan but ..... the party's over & there's no uglier fatter chick in motogp after you've had the Kwaka, your all alone.
As for Rossi/Stoner, sure it was Harsh from Rossi but they aren't playing marbles. That move around the outside by Vale was INSANE :shock:
He wanted it more & Qudos to him.
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R

Postby MadKaw » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:30 am

Circuit: Laguna Seca
Date: 21/07/2008

THE HACKER GETS THE JOB DONE AT LAGUNA
Kawasaki's substitute MotoGP rider, Jamie Hacking, brought his borrowed Ninja ZX-RR home in an impressive eleventh place on his premier class debut at Laguna Seca this afternoon.

The 37-year-old AMA Superbike star, deputising this weekend for injured compatriot John Hopkins, started today's 33-lap USGP from the last row of the grid, but was quick to make up places in the early stages of the race.

Hacking fought his way past Colin Edwards and Loris Capirossi on lap 12, then put in a pass on Toni Elias on the next lap to move into tenth place behind AMA Superbike rival, and good friend, Ben Spies.

The Hacker spent a number of laps looking for a way past his fellow countryman, until the Suzuki pilot looked back and realised just who it was putting him under pressure. To hold off Hacking, Spies was forced to set his fastest laps of the race, which was just enough to keep Kawasaki's newest MotoGP rider at bay.

Hacking looked all set to take a top ten finish in his debut MotoGP appearance, but a resurgent Toni Elias managed to squeeze past the three-time AMA champion in the closing stages of the race, to relegate him back to a still impressive 11th at the chequered flag.

Anthony West has struggled with a lack of feeling from the front of his Ninja ZX-RR all weekend, and despite set-up changes made ahead of this morning's warm-up session, West still lacked the confidence in the front grip to push hard in the race. The 27-year-old Kawasaki pilot eventually finished in 17th place, one lap down on race winner Valentino Rossi, bitterly disappointed with his whole Laguna weekend.

HACKING
#12 - 11th Position
"I'm thrilled! I didn't get the best of starts from the back of the grid, but if I'm honest I was little relieved to see everyone pulling away and leaving me to ride my own race early on. With a fairly clear track I was able to find a good rhythm on the bike, and I was soon lapping in the low 1'23s bracket. I fought my way up to Ben Spies, and I was just thinking to have a bit of a breather when he looked back and saw who was behind him. As soon as he saw it was me he upped the pace and managed to pull enough of a gap that I couldn't quite stay with him. The bike was working great, and the lap times were pretty consistent throughout the race, but then Toni Elias managed to work his way past me towards the end, which meant I just missed out on matching Roger Lee's tenth place finish from last year. Even so, I've really enjoyed my weekend as a MotoGP racer and I'd like to thank Kawasaki for giving me the opportunity. Everyone made me feel really welcome, and they are a great team to work with."

WEST
#13 - 17th Position
"This weekend has been a huge disappointment. I had the same problems in the race that I've been having all weekend; I just don't seem to have the confidence in the front-end of the bike, and that meant I couldn't push for a good lap time at all. It's frustrating, as Jamie had the same problem at the beginning of the weekend but managed to ride around it. I need to go away from here and get it together during the summer break, so I can come back at Brno and try and score the results I know I'm capable of."

Kawasaki Competition Manager
"Jamie has done a fantastic job all weekend, and he pushed hard and rode a great race today. He proved to everyone in his first race that our bike was capable of running at the same pace as the riders who were battling for fourth. With a higher qualifying position and a better start, he'd have been battling for position much further up the order today. I'd like to personally thank Jamie for his approach to the weekend; everyone in the team appreciated his professionalism. I know Anthony is disappointed with his performance this weekend, but it's difficult to identify exactly where his problem is at the moment. He needs to work hard now to justify his place in MotoGP. The Kawasaki Racing Team is here to secure results, and he needs to convince us he can be a part of that. We will speak to him during the summer break to see if we can find some way of improving his form ahead of the next race."

1. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha 44'04.311; 2. Casey Stoner (AUS) Ducati Marlboro Team +13.001; 3. Chris Vermeulen (AUS) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP +26.609; 4. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) JIR Team Scot +34.901; 5. Nicky Hayden (USA) Repsol Honda Team +35.663; 6. Randy De Puniet (FRA) LCR Honda MotoGP +37.668; 7. Toni Eliasw (SPA) Alice Teamw +41.629; 8. Ben Spies (USA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP +41.927; 9. James Toseland (GBR) Tech 3 Yamaha +43.019; 10. Shinya Nakano (JPN) San Carlo Honda Gresini +44.391; 11. Jamie Hacking (USA) Kawasaki Racing Team +46.258; 17. Anthony West (AUS) Kawasaki Racing Team +1 Lap
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wattie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:28 pm

MadKaw wrote:. He needs to work hard now to justify his place in MotoGP. The Kawasaki Racing Team is here to secure results, and he needs to convince us he can be a part of that. We will speak to him during the summer break to see if we can find some way of improving his form ahead of the next race."

that about says it right there. Cya Westy, nice knowin ya! :?
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby frog » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Yep should have stayed in Supersport and won the championship for Yamaha, then got a go in Superbike and done the same there. Would have loved to have seen he and Haga in the same team :shock: . Maybe then he could have got a Tech Yamaha. Ah well he wanted to be in GP ASAP, pity as the lad obivously has massive talent. Wonder if he will end up stealing old ladies hand bags.... :lol:
Jedi of the darKside
Just because you can ride, doesnt mean you should. My reason on this earth is an example to others what NOT to do.
frog
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Previous

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing