Kawasaki WSB / WSS - P.I

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Kawasaki WSB / WSS - P.I

Postby MadKaw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Tamada Opens Latest Championship Chapter
WSBK, Phillip Island, Australia, 1 March 2009
Makoto Tamada improved on his qualifying position in each Phillip Island race but missed out on the chance to score points in two hectic WSB contests. On his Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Tamada finished race one in 18th place, and was 17th in race two, battling chatter for the most part. His team-mate Broc Parkes pulled in during race one when he experienced some technical issues, and in race two he was a second behind Tamada, in 18th place.

Makoto was the top Kawasaki finisher in each race, while Parkes was top Kawasaki qualifier from practice, going 16th in Superpole. Tamada had a particularly good ride in race two, from a first lap position of 24th, moving up seven places through the 22-laps.

Race one was declared wet, even though the track conditions called for full slick tyres, while conditions were completely dry for race two, meaning the new flag-to-flag rules in WSB racing were not given their first outing today after all.

The next round is in Qatar, with raceday to be held on Saturday March 14.

Makoto Tamada: “I experienced some pretty bad chattering issues in race one and I found it really hard to push the bike to improve my position. I was surprised that I was able to keep the pace and even though I am not happy with the result, I was happy to finish the race in order to give the team valuable race data. We made some minor set-up changes in race two and although I still had a lot of chatter, it wasn’t as bad as race one - and it was nice to be able to do some overtaking. Like most riders today I struggled a lot with grip but I’m happy to give the team some feedback so we can continue to improve.”

Broc Parkes: “In the first race we had a small problem, with the clutch, I think. I felt pretty good on the bike before that. I didn’t get a very good start in race two, faded a fair bit and just lost a lot of grip. I still had issues with chatter but I was determined to finish the race so we can try and get some progress on set-up, and provide data ready for the next race in Qatar.”

-----

Top Eight Race Finish For Lascorz
WSS, Phillip Island, Australia, 1 March 2009
Joan Lascorz led the first lap of the Phillip Island WSS race on his
Provec Motocard.com Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, but could not maintain his early pace.
A quite incredible 21-lap World Supersport race saw up to 15 riders in the leading group, even up to and beyond the halfway mark. In the final analysis Lascorz finished a lonely eighth on the all-new 2009 machine, nine seconds from the win.

Katsuaki Fujiwara could not get away with the leading group and had to fight hard all through the race, losing his chance of scoring a point by only a few seconds.

With so many aspects of machine set-up to finalise this weekend, having not been able to test at Phillip Island like most other top teams last week, the technical staff had to choose a race-set-up for each rider based on a very few hours of track time only.

In the wet warm-up session this morning Joan was easily the fastest rider, 2.5 seconds up on his nearest challenger, but the race itself was dry, with an ambient temperature of 18°C.

Joan Lascorz: “With the settings we had it was difficult in this race but it was more to do with the speed of the other bikes. The engine is new, we only got it three months ago, and we need more time to work with it. We will have new things in Valencia. The other bikes are already developed to their full potential, so we need more time. In some places, in the beginning of the race, I had some advantages over the Hondas and Yamahas. In other places, I lost time. Our bike is good, and after more work we can understand it a lot better. There are a lot of straights and power places at this track so I could not fight all the way through the race.”

Katsuaki Fujiwara: “We changed set-up a little bit this morning and we got chatter everywhere, even in the fast corners, from the first to last lap. It was maybe even worse with a new tyre, and I think it is just down to the fact that we could not test at this track before race weekend. It is a new bike, but it really has great potential.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Kawasaki WSB / WSS - P.I

Postby mfzx6r » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Having gone second in qualifying at Phillip Island Joan Lascorz (Provec Motocard.com Kawasaki) took little time in proving that Kawasaki has created a genuine contender in the 600cc class.

With a relative lack of development time compared to most other machines in the class, the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R lacked some outright speed on Phillip Island's long straight, and also the lack of pre-season testing at Phillip Island told on Lascorz's ultimate race set-up. Nonetheless, Lascorz finished only nine seconds from the win in Australia, proving that the latest 600 Kawasaki should be capable of podium challenges sooner rather than later.

"With the settings we had it was difficult in this race but it was more to do with the speed of the other bikes," said Lascorz. "The engine is new, we only got it three months ago, and we need more time to work with it. We will have new things in Valencia. The other bikes are already developed to their full potential, so we need more time. In some places, in the beginning of the race, I had some advantages over the Hondas and Yamahas. In other places, I lost time. Our bike is good, and after more work we can understand it a lot better."

Lascorz, like all of his peer group, will get his second shot at a podium finish on Saturday 14 March, at Losail in Qatar.
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r
If it aint "Lime green" it must be a "Lemon"
Friends dont let friends ride Hondas

The most famous KSRC member of all...
Part of the "Fookarwe" tribe
mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby Stace » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

mfzx6r wrote:Having gone second in qualifying at Phillip Island Joan Lascorz (Provec Motocard.com Kawasaki) took little time in proving that Kawasaki has created a genuine contender in the 600cc class.

With a relative lack of development time compared to most other machines in the class, the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R lacked some outright speed on Phillip Island's long straight, and also the lack of pre-season testing at Phillip Island told on Lascorz's ultimate race set-up. Nonetheless, Lascorz finished only nine seconds from the win in Australia, proving that the latest 600 Kawasaki should be capable of podium challenges sooner rather than later.

"With the settings we had it was difficult in this race but it was more to do with the speed of the other bikes," said Lascorz. "The engine is new, we only got it three months ago, and we need more time to work with it. We will have new things in Valencia. The other bikes are already developed to their full potential, so we need more time. In some places, in the beginning of the race, I had some advantages over the Hondas and Yamahas. In other places, I lost time. Our bike is good, and after more work we can understand it a lot better."

Lascorz, like all of his peer group, will get his second shot at a podium finish on Saturday 14 March, at Losail in Qatar.

You make it sound like you know what your talking about you little homo :twisted:
FASTER AND FASTER Until the Thrill of Speed Over Powers the Fear of Death
Stace
Team Bolt
Team Bolt

Bike: ZX9R

Postby mfzx6r » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Stace wrote:[.

You make it sound like you know what your talking about you little homo :twisted:[/quote]

I haven't a f%^ken clue :lol: :lol:

by the way are you soft cock or poofter cos im the other :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r

mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby Stace » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm Neither mate, Want references????? I'm not THE BOLT for nothin alien.gif
FASTER AND FASTER Until the Thrill of Speed Over Powers the Fear of Death
Stace
Team Bolt
Team Bolt

Bike: ZX9R

Postby mfzx6r » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Stace wrote:I'm Neither mate, Want references????? I'm not THE BOLT for nothin alien.gif

If you look at the pic bill posted of us 2 he said softcock and poof I was just wondering which one was you :lol: :lol:
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r

mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict