BBQ and SBK night confirmed.

my place tonight...
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Kawasaki WSB / WSS - Qatar

Postby hoffy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:56 am

Go Max, You The Best !!!! :kuda:
biaggi02_constraintscaled600x337.jpg
biaggi02_constraintscaled600x337.jpg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Attachments
Biaggi_action_constraintscaled600x337.jpg
Biaggi_action_constraintscaled600x337.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
biaggi_constraintscaled600x337.jpg
biaggi_constraintscaled600x337.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000

Postby MadKaw » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Parkes In The Points
WSBK, Losail, Qatar, 14 March 2009
Broc Parkes secured a fighting 14th place in the second round of the World Superbike Championship in Qatar, getting his championship points score off the mark. His team-mate Tamada had already lost any hope of contention for points after a big highside crash at turn five in the morning warm-up session, a crash which broke his left big toe and caused a suspected dislocation of his right hip. He went to the local hospital for checks and missed the two Losail races. He now goes back to Japan for more medical checks and treatment.

The first race of the day gave the first points of the season to Broc, as he battled hard for a top ten finish in the early stages, and slid back slowly to record 14th place and take two championship points.

A dramatic near fall in the second race dropped him back from the potential points scoring zone, and despite another determined ride he missed out on a single point by just two seconds.

The team now heads to Valencia for more pre-race tests, with Parkes 20th in the championship standings. The next round is on April 5, in Valencia, Spain.

Broc Parkes: “We got good points in race one and I worked really hard in race two to get one more again, but it didn’t quite happen. We had a good start in race one and got away in the second bunch. The group had about four or five riders in it but I couldn’t stay with them, so I dropped back a little bit. I was in the points, and I wanted to maintain that position. In race two I had a really big moment about five laps in, and I was out of the seat and nearly highsided off. Two guys passed me and it took me maybe two laps to regroup. Basically it was a fight from then on but Kagayama was a little bit faster. This weekend we have learned a lot, I feel better than I did leaving Phillip Island and our pace is a lot better. We are definitely closer, so we can go back to Europe ready to regroup.”

Makoto Tamada: “It was a very big crash I had in warm-up, and I went very, very high before landing hard. I remember everything about it, but I don’t know whether there was some oil down or it was something else. I broke my left big toe and took a big hit on my pelvis; so back in Japan we will get it checked up again. I cannot stand on my right leg right now. I should be OK for the Valencia race, for the test I am not sure yet.”

---

Lascorz Fights Hard In Qatar
WSS, Losail, Qatar, 14 March 2009
Joan Lascorz took his 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R to 13th place at Losail today, after experiencing some difficult moments in the 18-lap race at the 5.380km circuit. His team-mate Katsuaki Fujiwara was up as high as seventh at one point but was forced backwards due to chatter on a race set-up. He retired on lap 15, when out of the points scoring positions.

It was a particularly busy race for Lascorz, who had only stared from 15th place, was 14th on lap one, then worked his way up to ninth before dropping back down to finish with three points for 13th. He is now 11th overall, on 11 points, after his eighth place in Australia is taken into consideration.

Joan Lascorz: “At the moment the bike feels heavy to turn and it was not easy to put it on line in the corners. When you cannot do that it makes things very hard. On the straight, in the beginning I could stay with them but I had to force too much in the early laps. I had a touch with another rider on the last corner of one lap and that dropped me back a bit. Without that I could have been sixth or seventh. Then when the bike began to slide front and rear it was impossible for me to push forward any more.”

Katsuaki Fujiwara: “I made a very good start and was about seventh or eighth after the first two laps. I was not comfortable on the bike after the third lap because we had a lot of chatter. We used basically the same settings as yesterday, just one click different. I went backwards very quickly. I tried to push and push, but when I dropped out of the points I decide to pull in and not take a big risk for no reward.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Six Addict » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:12 pm

urgh where did westy finish??
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy