There is still some hope

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

There is still some hope

Postby mfzx6r » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 am

there may still be some hope

from superbike mag

February 17, 2009 - Kenny Pryde
Marco Melandri has revealed in the Italian press that he is hopeful of racing on a Kawasaki in MotoGP in 2009. Melandri was guest driving in a 'Speedcar series' race at Losail in Qatar when he suggested that he may indeed race again in 2009. "I'm ready to race for nothing, I'm prepared to invest some of my own money," said the young Italian.

"We're not so far behind in terms of testing, Olivier Jacque tested in Australia and there were other tests in Malaysia. At the moment I know Dorna and Michel Bartholemy are talking to try to get a bike on the grid. Hopkins has decided that money is more important, so he's not showing any interest. I'm ready to invest in me, so to speak and it'll be a one-man team."

Melandri sounded more hopeful than he had in the past, but recognised the team was up against it. "We are behind when it comes to sorting the logistics and the team, but I think it would be possible to put it all together for March 1. It wont be the same as racing for the factory team, which is what I had signed up to do, it will be a satellite team, but I know the people and the atmosphere will be good and the motivation high."

"All I hope to do is to get back on track after a really bad 2008 season. I know I wont be in the hunt for the title or race wins but I'm keen to get back on track and enjoy myself again. It'll be difficult, but not impossible. I was quite happy with the 2008 bike to be honest although I don't know the 2009 bike at all, I haven't ridden it yet."

Back to index
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r
If it aint "Lime green" it must be a "Lemon"
Friends dont let friends ride Hondas

The most famous KSRC member of all...
Part of the "Fookarwe" tribe
mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Re: There is still some hope

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:01 am

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Melandri+to+start+2009+season+in+onerider+Kawasaki+team

http://www.kawasaki-racingteam.eu/road-race/news.asp?Id=FEBEEF331&PMId=2BAA885B19331

Melandri to start 2009 MotoGP season in one-rider team
Newsflash, 25 February 2009
FEBRUARY 26, 2009 - Kawasaki announces that after constructive talks between Kawasaki, Dorna and other involved parties, a new one-rider Team will participate in the 2009 MotoGP Championship season.
This decision was made after negotiations that followed Kawasaki’s January 2009 announcement to suspend its factory supported MotoGP activities due to the economic crisis. Rider for the new MotoGP team will be the Italian Marco Melandri.
The team will be equipped with Kawasaki motorcycles and supporting materials.
That Kawasaki has come to this new team approach is the result of on the one hand the need for a strong reduction of MotoGP racing investments and on the other hand the necessity to come to constructive solutions for all related parties.
The new team will disclose more details about its 2009 season’s plans on a short notice.
Never hold in your farts. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that is where shitty ideas come from!
I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread today, but when I looked again it said 'Thick Cut'
Ben
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one
State: Victoria

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing