Lascorz on zx6r wins WSS Race.!!!!

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Lascorz on zx6r wins WSS Race.!!!!

Postby MadKaw » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Lascorz Takes Superb First Ninja ZX-6R Win
WSS, Magny Cours, France, 4 October 2009
Joan Lascorz took Kawasaki’s first World Supersport race victory of the year at Magny-Cours, winning what was eventually a 19-lap race after a great front running display.
Lascorz Takes Superb First Ninja ZX-6R Win
Lascorz had just missed pole position but his race pace was such that although some riders challenged his supremacy early on, none could quite stay with him at the finish.

Cal Crutchlow was riding one second or so behind Joan when the red flags came out, because of an oil spill with two laps remaining. The the results was taken back to the previous lap, leaving Joan the winner by 0.937 from Crutchlow, with Kenan Sofuoglu third.

This was Kawasaki’s first win in WSS since Fabien Foret took a victory at Phillip Island in 2007, and it was also Kawasaki’s eighth win in this category since it became a full FIM World Championship.

Katsuaki Fujiwara could have had an even better result than the strong seventh he recorded today, as he felt he could get to the front of a battling group of riders who disputed what was to be fourth place.

In taking his first place today Lascorz moved to within six points of third place in the overall rankings, while Katsuaki now shares the same points total with Massimo Roccoli, but is classified 11th to Roccoli’s 10th. The next - and final - round is at Portimao, on October 25.

Joan Lascorz: “We have all been working for this for a long time, so I really want to dedicate it to my team and Kawasaki, who have helped to make this happen. Our bike has been really good all weekend, and we are even now preparing the bike for next year, when I am sure there will be a big improvement again. The bike was very constant today and it even felt better at the end of the race than it did at the start. The braking felt easy this race and that helped me defend in corners as well as attack. Next race is Portimao and I am looking forward to it.”

Katsuaki Fujiwara: “A good result for me and even more for our team today. All the team was working well and congratulations to Joan, who has been close to a win many times and now he has it. I was riding comfortably in the group and if we had the final few laps we lost because of the red flag, I am sure we could have been even better.”

-----------------

Parkes Works Hard But Is Luckless At Magny-Cours
WSBK, Magny Cours, France, 4 October 2009
Broc Parkes got onto the score sheet at the Magny-Cours WSB race, but had to work hard for his second race points scoring position, having retired in race one.
Parkes Works Hard But Is Luckless At Magny-Cours
Broc, the lone regular rider in the team this weekend as Makoto Tamada is recovering from a recent concussion, was on for more points in race one, but had to pull in when he found false neutrals while changing gear.

His team-mate for the Magny-Cours weekend, Sheridan Morais, was unable to find a set-up which would allow him to challenge for finishes in the races, his cause also not being helped by starting each race from 23rd on the grid. He retired in race one, and was 19th in race two.

Weather conditions remained dry in France for the penultimate round of the championship, and the large crowd enjoyed some dramatic action in each 23-lap race. The series now moves to Magny Cours, for the final round of the year, on 25 October.

Broc Parkes: “We didn’t have enough grip in the second race. We tried all weekend but we have a bit of work to do to get the bike to where we want to be. In race one we had a false neutral a few times. It was shame because we could have had maybe 11th place in that race and more points, but it wasn’t to be. We came away with one point, but we wanted more.”

Sheridan Morais: “That was tough, but to be honest that whole weekend was tough for us. The team worked so hard trying so many different solutions for us, but there was none today at this track. I want to say thanks to the team for all the support, they have been great.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Lascorz on zx6r wins WSS Race.!!!!

Postby Zoidberg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Finally! That's a really deserved win for Lascorz and his crew. They've been there or thereabouts all year so to finally get the chocolates is a great reward. Hopefully they can finish the year in similar fashion.
Magny Cours was a typically tough round for Broc. Hopefully he can finish the year on a positive not and keep his ride or at least find a competitive one somewhere.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing