:lol:

Re: MetalGear Brakes

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 pm

laughing4.gif laughing4.gif

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Not got anything against ching crap, fuck we used to say that about japs!!! now what are we riding??
My comment was only about using known brands that we kno work, now when those little rice eating slopeheads make a top product we can trust, then i will try them!! untill then me will stick with what i kno will pull this old sack of bones up!!!! enough said.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Enough said?
Nah not really.....Geeze I have an opinion but I'm never racist nor derogatory.
Your post is contradictory, hypocritical and incredibly inflamatory.
China is the new Japan, as you pointed out. They were met with the same resistance.......

Stirring the pot? Yeah probably.....Give a shit? Nope.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:40 pm

off the subject a bit but had a mate who went to that big trade expo or whatever its called over in china and he reckons its the most unbelievable thing he has ever witnessed and as for the british they are probably over there with the rest of the world.But if a item was made there under Australian or whoevers standards shouldnt that product be up to scratch :?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Maybe? i dont kno, untill a product is proven, i will stay with what i trust, but most things are made somewhere cheap these days as we all kno, like well known and branded riding gear, but we would assume their made to the standard required??? But when it comes to running gear on my bike im very anal!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 pm

So do you think that only stuff with a 'known brand' is any good? Apple fanboi? :?

I used Metal Gear brakes about four bikes ago. Since then I've bought the equivalent product in a plain box for a fraction of the cost ... actually, there must be a market for putting them in a branded box and onselling them to anal fanbois. :twisted:

Oh, wait ... they already do.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 am

I have been running the Metalgear Sintered pads for a few weeks now. They feel responsive in both wet and dry, even when cold , no unexpected noises, fit perfectly and half the price of EBC or Ferodo through the shops.

I plan to use them again in the future.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Hmmm, after reading all this.....do I close the e-bay page now or what? :lol:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:37 pm

I now have daily rides on these pads, feel is fine, they do squeel a little though, only just as you get to stopping.... annoying but for the price I dont care...

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Stereo wrote:I now have daily rides on these pads, feel is fine, they do squeel a little though, only just as you get to stopping.... annoying but for the price I dont care...

Sintered or Organic??

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am

Yeah the old Chinese quality debate..

Well we have another X branded Chinese made mobile crane in the workshop and so far it has its slewing ring gear broken, axle rockers broken all from "quality" metalurgy, lattice boom extensions have porous welds failing inspection, hooks cracking , winch drums letting go and wire rope that's way underrated just to start the list. This is commonplace with cranes from this manufacturer, :roll: Will get photos as it is disassembled.
They have even made copies of a well known diesel engine which have blown up driving down the road, the issue is without engine power you cant steer so 60+T of metal hurtling at you would be a good thing?

These cranes are about 1/3rd the price of the top brands so they are attractive, every owner has had something break and have lost $10's if not $100's thousands fixing them and eventually buy a top brand to replace it. Lesson learnt.

Fortunately no one has been killed however it is only a matter of time. If you ever see anything made by x. C...m...G stay the hell away from it :shock:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 pm

WOW this has been an interesting read. :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 am

Wow, these pads lasted over 2 years...
The annoying noise went away after a few thousand k's.
Post a reply