Switch to full style
For general Technical and Performance Discussions
Post a reply

quick action throttle for ZX7r

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 am

Does anyone know if there is a quick action throttle available for a ZX7?
Or if there is a mod that can be done. Found myself constantly trying for a second grab at that throttle at the PCRA E/C round

Re: quick action throttle for ZX7r

Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert is what i got for my bike and im very happy with it :kuda:

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Same as above but its just a piece a PVC tubing cut to size so make your own...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am

FYI, I use a KLX650E throttle on my ZX6R racer. It fits the ZX7 as well. But, it is the "E" version from 1994 which is the correct part. The E model KLX650 had a fast action 1/4 turn throttle from factory. They were cheap when I got mine, not sure now though as they are so old.

Also, as others have suggested, you can buy a cam insert which ramps up the ratio of your standard throtttle, which is another option.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm currently using a throttle tube off a yzf426. Apparently throttle tubes off 05 zx10 also works and is suppose to be a direct fit. Kawasaki wanted $40-$50 for the zx10 tube. The yz tube cost me $10 and from memory all i needed to do was dremell a little bit of plastic to make it fit.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:48 am

zxsixr03 wrote:Same as above but its just a piece a PVC tubing cut to size so make your own...

Good morning! Im new to this site but came upon the quick action throttle discussion ans am interested in on for my 98 zx7r. Where do I start looking locally? Found one on ebay.
Post a reply