Michelin PILOT POWER tyres!

For general Technical and Performance Discussions

Re: re: Michelin PILOT POWER tyres!

Postby Wannabe » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:13 pm

Aussie Ninja wrote:I have read a review saying pilot powers are good but the current crop of sports bikes all run bt014s and the jurnos can't stop praising them.

Manafacturers look at the bottom line first and foremost (I think someone posted about this recently). Whichever company gives them the best deal gets to fit their tyres to the new bikes. That's why it changes year to year.
So just because more manafacturers are using Bridgestone, doesn't mean they are the best tyre out there.
That said, the BT-014's are getting pretty good reviews as far as outright grip is concerned but they are meant to be VERY soft & wear out fast.
This may be where the Michelins have the edge over them as apparently they provide exceptional grip and wear better than expected.

The Battlax BT012's on my Zed have been been great (never let go unless I make them :roll: ) but are way too much tyre for the road. The rear is now worn out after 4,000k's commuting and two half-days at the track. But seeing as the first 1,000k's I was behaving myself, I'm not impressed with the life I got out of them. I'll be fitting something longer lasting on the rear for road use and will be changing to stickier rubber for track-days.
Ride Naked!!!
Wannabe
Warming up
Warming up

re: Michelin PILOT POWER tyres!

Postby KLR » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:40 pm

If you want long lasting the Bridgestone 020 rears are great. The 020 fronts are crap, had a set on my ol 9 before I went to the powers.

Brett is running a 020/014 front combo and is very happy but he would be best to ask.
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Re: re: Michelin PILOT POWER tyres!

Postby Nanna10r » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:29 pm

Blue636 wrote:If you want long lasting the Bridgestone 020 rears are great. The 020 fronts are crap, had a set on my ol 9 before I went to the powers.

Brett is running a 020/014 front combo and is very happy but he would be best to ask.

Happy as "A PIG IN POOOOOOP" :wink:

But i Poke more then I play (dont go there) thats why i passed on the 012 front n went 020 rear. Have heaps more confidence in the o14 then i did the OEM Michie Pilot sports.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

re: Michelin PILOT POWER tyres!

Postby YAPPA » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:56 pm

m8 u say sumthin' like that & say don't go there.......u spoil all my fun crybaby2.gif
YAPPA
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Previous

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk