chrome wheels

Postby zxrarron » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:07 pm

chrome wheels where to get???? any ideas
zxrarron
Warming up
Warming up

re: chrome wheels

Postby Nanna10r » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:32 pm

Aaron they Rarely chrome them, bestest Option is to get them polished & Nickle plated costs about $650 a pair but they rinse clean with soapy water & look the ducks nuts. Check out Tanyathecheekys 6 mate.
Your local Bike shop should be able to recommend someone. good luck with it.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby kempy » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:09 pm

Yes, chrome is very very rare indeed. Far majority are just polished. You can do em yourself if you've got the gear and the know how (which I spose I do, yet prob will never do).

The wheels are made out of......shit what are they made out of? Aluminium? Bleh, whatever they're made out of, find some mob that works with it, and they'll be able to do it for ya. Polishing is pretty straight forward.
kempy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby spekt-r » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:34 pm

I polished mine and they came up really nice, posted some pics in a thread here a while ago too. Only really cost some time and elbow grease too, okay mebbe $20 in materials.
My mate nickel plated the wheels on his gixxer thou (really bloody nice one) and they cost about $1000, looks bloody great though and they pretty much rinse clean.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" screw it then i'll just be bad.
spekt-r
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby BLOFLY 636 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:55 am

Yep nickelplating would be the way to go (as opposed to polished rims ) as it doesn't require constant applications of metal polish! But if you would like to try home polishing first before shelling out the big bucks on nickelplating you will need some paint thinners, some wet and dry sandpaper in 600, 900 and 1200 grade to get that realllly smooth lustre and another thing to remember is that the centre wheel hub, spokes and centre part of the rim are normally powder coated which would require alot of elbow grease to polish, that is if the information I read is accurate!! :wink: I would love to have my whole frame , swingarm and wheels nickelplated but I wouldn't be able to part with my bike for that long oh plus I can't find anybody in W.A. who can do it for me either :x
itchy knees are best scratched on big roundabouts!
BLOFLY 636

Postby ttc » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:23 pm

if anyone wants i can take a close up of my wheels and post the pic so they know what they look like.. the whole rim is plated, not just the outside how most people polish.. and as long as you don't let the water sit on the wheel after washing(it marked mine - must have had brake dust on it), they look awesome with hardly any work..
ttc
Team Black

Bike: Z1000
State: Queensland

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk