For general Technical and Performance Discussions
Post a reply

Winton test & tune drift ghost camera onboard C2Zx9R

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 am

Uploaded a couple of highlights from a trip to winton test & tune day on my 99 ZX9R trackie. This is a link to some of my better laps which were a 1:46's chasing a mate on his 05 blade.

http://youtu.be/EjpEhsGJ4dQ

This ones in front of a cbr600 looking out the back
http://youtu.be/NebrI1043D0

Also got a couple of other clips including one sesh where I ran out of fuel on the extension and pushed back up the straight but gave a cool vid of the speed the bikes pick up down the straight! Was a good day was with 5 of my mates and we had the track to our selves except 2 first sessions there was a BMW but he crashed out....

I think the 9 sounds pretty sweet in the videos! Got a dynojet kit coming which will hopefully help a lot of the popping under deceleration.

Cheers Paul

Re: Winton test & tune drift ghost camera onboard C2Zx9R

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:47 pm

That looks like great fun!

Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Was deffinately good fun the 9 pulled like a train :kuda: just need to harden up and tip it in a bit harder :lol: ! Heading to PI on the 24th march to do a rideday but they say they dont allow timers or camera's hoping to stick the camera under the ducktail for the evening sessions and capture a couple of laps there too cant wait :kuda: !!!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:06 pm

paulsj wrote:Was deffinately good fun the 9 pulled like a train :kuda: just need to harden up and tip it in a bit harder :lol: ! Heading to PI on the 24th march to do a rideday but they say they dont allow timers or camera's hoping to stick the camera under the ducktail for the evening sessions and capture a couple of laps there too cant wait :kuda: !!!!!

I'm at the island on the 24th too Paul.

Good luck with the camera your going to need to coat it in camo

Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:46 am

Nice one Jonnymac! What group you in? I've booked in for the medium group as the next ones up were all booked up and didnt think I would cut it for fast group first time up at the island! I here what your saying about the camera they dont seem to be a fan of aloowing filming or even self timing.....Got a pit garage booked with the same mates that were at winton. What lap times do you do there I'm hoping for 1:50 but anything under 2 minutes i would be stoked!

cya there

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:00 am

Hey Paul,

I'm booked in the fast group.

Yeh I've got a garage booked but I'm not sure which one it is though.
Under 2mins is a good place to aim for mate. Anything under 2 your going pretty fast around there. I use racechrono for that reason I doubt you will get away with having a transponder hidden anywhere on the pit wall.

Um last time out I was doing 45s on second hand tyres so hopefully with a new set of bags I can go a bit faster.
Post a reply