rosso 2

For general Technical and Performance Discussions

Re: rosso 2

Postby Bussa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Pirelli Rossos,. going, going, Gladly Gone.

I ride a 99 model VTR 1000 that runs a light front end and goes well for a v-twin. I gladly just changed tyres and went back to BTO16's.

The Rossos' took too long to warm up and I felt, they did not retain their heat good enough, I ran 42 psi in the front and rear. Could not run the front any less in poundage, if I did the bike rode all over the paddock.the profile was too soft running on a lower psi. In the wet, they worked better than I expected, I enjoy riding in the rain, so that did not bother me too much. They did not suit my bike and were not predictable enough for my liking.

Last week I bought a set of BTO16 HyperSport (upgrades) from Glenn at Allfixed Automotive and liked them immediately, Yesterday I rode about 250 kms through the Hawkesbury Valley, with Hoffy and the Boys, and they are exceptional tyres. I am running 36 psi front and 42 psi rear, they hugged the road, held a perfect line and gave me back 100% control. I rode over coarse, smooth, mossy, wet, loose gravel, gravel sections and rugged goat track tar torn territory at a good pace, They did not miss a beat. When the back slipped out a bit, it quickly re gripped and let me do all again.

They are the best tyres I have ridden on, I highly recommend them, the rest is up to the rider.

Cheers.
Bussa
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Honda
State: New South Wales

Previous

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk