AVGAS question

For general Technical and Performance Discussions

Re: AVGAS question

Postby Greeny06 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Gos, thanks mate. I don't know why people get so worked up. This thread had cranky posts on that forum as well. We're all riders, and we all have input, why can't we all just get along [CRYING FACE] Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help. I will not be running AVGAS after the feedback cleared a few things up.
Greeny06

Bike: ZX6R
State: Northern Territory

Postby Nelso » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Wattie wrote:
MAXUMIS wrote:try buy it sfb's

Steveo does buy it...

We do as well. We just have to prove that we race historic two stroke bikes before they will sell it to us.

MAXIMUS, I just don't get why you need to insult people and get all e-tough because someone has a different opinion to you. You won't find a nicer bloke than Steve and yet, you feel the need to beat your chest and try to belittle him because his opinion is different than yours. It says a lot about your character. :roll:

Shell Australia Avgas Product lineup wrote:Avgas 100LL

This grade is the low lead version of Avgas 100. Low lead is a relative term. There is still up to 0.56 g/litre of lead in Avgas 100LL. This grade is listed in the same specifications as Avgas 100, namely ASTM D 910 and UK DEF STAN 91-90.

Avgas 100LL is dyed blue.

As far as I can tell, low lead still contains lead.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Leanne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Greeny06 wrote:Gos, thanks mate. I don't know why people get so worked up. This thread had cranky posts on that forum as well. We're all riders, and we all have input, why can't we all just get along [CRYING FACE] Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help. I will not be running AVGAS after the feedback cleared a few things up.

Unfortunately Greeny06 you have had to weed through the uncalled for and uneducated posts to get your answers. Gos and Stevo both know what they are talking about. I can vouch for that and I know that most people on this forum would say the same. Nelso and I also run AVGAS in our Historic Race bikes and yes it is Leaded. We buy it from Bankstown airport, but you can buy it from some BP servos by the drum, but that's a very expensive way to buy it. I would heed Gos and Stevo's advice, which it sounds like you are. :D
Road '10 ZX10R
Dirt '99 KLX250
Race '90 CBR400
Leanne
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby oldman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:44 pm

I drink Jim Beam,hic!
oldman

Postby Nelso » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:47 pm

oldman wrote:I drink Jim Beam,hic!

Leaded or unleaded? :rolleyes:
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby oldman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 am

Drinking unleaded is like sex without a woman, ok, but nothing like the real thing.
oldman

Postby koyote » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:52 pm

It's back to school we go Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygensensor it's time to educate the sawdust this is the 21st century 02s have been around for 30+ years and i suggest before you go playing with any fuel or engine mods you learn exactly what it's function is because until we all go electric they will be here for some time dark1.gif
Last edited by koyote on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby Gosling1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm

koyote wrote:.... it's time to educate the sawdust this is the 21st century 02s have been around for 30+ years......

Really ? Care to name even 5 motorcycles that had O2 sensors 30+ years ago ???

I wait with interest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby koyote » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:35 pm

I take it that gosling is still playing with smooth bores that post was for the Guy's that would like to learn something about the basics of fuel injection if gosling wants to keep playing with them good luck to him in the mean time i would hope that no one has poisoned there 02s or melted a cat because they are not cheap read2.gif
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Wattie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:56 pm

koyote wrote:I take it that gosling is still playing with smooth bores that post was for the Guy's that would like to learn something about the basics of fuel injection if gosling wants to keep playing with them good luck to him in the mean time i would hope that no one has poisoned there 02s or melted a cat because they are not cheap read2.gif

C'mon answer his question.
Give that google machine a workout.

You'd be suprised what lurks in the 4th dimension
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby koyote » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:40 am

As usuall you 2 are quick to jump on a post & shit can any opinions other than your own get your head out of your arses and learn how to read --02s and cats have been around for 30+years--- i am having trouble finding the word m/cycle was it mentioned --perhaps i should have stated 02s & cats have been around for30+yrs in the automotive field and that next time you plug your fuel commander in or juice box you will have abit of insight as to what it is doing on your m/ cycle ---now for a bankstown boy that's as polite as i can be-- new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:49 am

koyote wrote:......I take it that gosling is still playing with smooth bores that post was for the Guy's that would like to learn something about the basics of fuel injection if gosling wants to keep playing with them good luck to him in the mean time i would hope that no one has poisoned there 02s or melted a cat because they are not cheap read2.gif.......

learn something about the basics of fuel injection ????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you idiot, there are about 6 fuel-injected bikes in my shed that are all 30+ years old. Go away and work that one out. :roll: and yeh I do like playing with smoothbores but nobody else mentioned them....except you......and I like playing with flat-slides.......and also side-draughts. But I guess you know all about them as well too eh ? Woops better not forget the bikes out there fitted with PCIII's and stock exhausts with cats removed etc etc - a couple of them floating about as well. I guess only Bankstown boys have any idea about this stuff. Not.

koyote wrote:......As usuall you 2 are quick to jump on a post & shit can any opinions other than your own get your head out of your arses and learn how to read --02s and cats have been around for 30+years--- i am having trouble finding the word m/cycle was it mentioned --perhaps i should have stated 02s & cats have been around for30+yrs in the automotive field and that next time you plug your fuel commander in or juice box you will have abit of insight as to what it is doing on your m/ cycle ---now for a bankstown boy that's as polite as i can be-- new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif......

for a Bankstown boy you are doing a great job at reinforcing the truth about Bankstown boys being total flogs.

As usual it is YOU who are jumping on here with your head up your arse talking about O2 sensors and cats being used for 30+ years..... in a M-O-T-O-R-C-Y-C-L-E forum. I typed that out slowly so even a Bankstown boy might understand it a bit better.

Tha fact is - pindick - that O2 sensors and cats have NOT been around on motorcycles for the last 30+ years, and nobody else on here - apart from you - gives a flying fuck if they have been around on cars or boats or fucking tractors even. Get it ? So take your aggro and just fuck off. I don't give a fuck about being polite. I don't give a fuck about Bankstown boys either. Who the fuck are you anyway ?

:roll:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Greeny06 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:10 am

If any mod feels like shutting this thread down you have my permission. I have received my answers, and had some really good advice. It has also received its share of Aggro and off topic posts
Greeny06

Bike: ZX6R
State: Northern Territory

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 am

don't stress it mate, this is just normal banter :lol:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby koyote » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 pm

That was great i reckon we've woken up the crowd even if your vocab is limited next subject please or shall we stay on this one pottytrain5.gif
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

PreviousNext

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk