For general Technical and Performance Discussions
Post a reply

semi soft vs one step harder tyre warming without warmers ?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi , I was just wandering if there's any difference in warming them at a track . I have gone from corsa's to supercorsa's and some people tell me that the softer tyre takes more to warm up (SP's not SC's ) ? I thought the softer tyre would warm up quicker as being soft they have more friction under hard braking and acceleration . With the corsa's I could be into it after one lap ??

Re: semi soft vs one step harder tyre warming without warmer

Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:37 pm

SP is a track day type road tyre, & SC 1-2 or 3 are race tyres. I use to run SC1 because most races are 6 laps & you wont burn them up in that short time. The SP should take more heat cycles, & shouldn't be any difference in warming..
You should be right..
Hope this helps..

Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 pm

s man wrote:SP is a track day type road tyre, & SC 1-2 or 3 are race tyres. I use to run SC1 because most races are 6 laps & you wont burn them up in that short time. The SP should take more heat cycles, & shouldn't be any difference in warming..
You should be right..
Hope this helps..

Thanks S man ,your advise is very much appreciated . 8)

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:40 pm

MAXUMIS wrote:
s man wrote:SP is a track day type road tyre, & SC 1-2 or 3 are race tyres. I use to run SC1 because most races are 6 laps & you wont burn them up in that short time. The SP should take more heat cycles, & shouldn't be any difference in warming..
You should be right..
Hope this helps..

Thanks S man ,your advise is very much appreciated . 8)

No problamo.. :D

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Warmers are only $300 with the 25% xmas discount. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44187&hilit=kaneg+december http://www.kaneg.com.au/categories/Tyre-Warmers/

Save the hassle of taking it easy and just rip in from the first corner. ;)

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Nelso wrote:Warmers are only $300 with the 25% xmas discount. http://ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... g+december http://www.kaneg.com.au/categories/Tyre-Warmers/

Save the hassle of taking it easy and just rip in from the first corner. ;)

That is a the best thing I should look into ! Thanks for the link Nelso its much appreciated . 8)

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Defiantly get some warmers Max you only get about 8laps a session on average so if your taking it easy for two laps to get some heat in your Tyres your basically throwing away 25% if your admission money.

Well worth it from my point of view.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Jonnymac wrote:Defiantly get some warmers Max you only get about 8laps a session on average so if your taking it easy for two laps to get some heat in your Tyres your basically throwing away 25% if your admission money.

Well worth it from my point of view.

Thanks Jonny , never looked at it that way . thanks mate for your input . 8)

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Yep got a set from Pete a while back had been doing trackdays for ages without them,wouldnt go without them now.A lot more confidence straight of the bat,mind you I still don't go at 100% first lap but do go harder than without warmers.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 am

Welcome Maximus, even after two laps on certain days especially if its a colder day you still don't really know how hot they are and how hard you can push. At least you know they are 80 degrees as soon as you head out. Saves cold tearing too.

I'm different from Mal, I hook in on the first corner when I'm running warmers :)

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:45 pm

z900/zx9 wrote:mind you I still don't go at 100% first lap but do go harder than without warmers.

Why not? With Pete's new warmers, the tyres are hotter off the warmers than they would be after taking it easy for a few corners, so you are better off riding at 100% from the first corner to keep the heat there. If you take it easy for the first half a lap you lose heat out of the tyres and are more likely to bin it when you do start pushing it.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Can't be bothered reading all the posts but get warmers they're worth it :D

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks fella's for all your help ,your advise is awesome . I went last sunday for the track day (first time in yellow group ) and the first two sessions was scary , must of been the day or the fact I was in another group .. It ended up being the best thing I have ever done as the faster riders helped me out with the corners and hitting the brakes . I always used to hit the brakes way to hard into turn 1 (and a lot of others) so I am happy learning things with better riders .
It will be my next thing to get /tyre warmers . :kuda:

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Nelso wrote:
z900/zx9 wrote:mind you I still don't go at 100% first lap but do go harder than without warmers.

Why not? With Pete's new warmers, the tyres are hotter off the warmers than they would be after taking it easy for a few corners, so you are better off riding at 100% from the first corner to keep the heat there. If you take it easy for the first half a lap you lose heat out of the tyres and are more likely to bin it when you do start pushing it.

Im not saying that I don't give it a shove but I am determined not to be one of riders that bin it on the first corner of a session. ;)
Post a reply