Switch to full style
Bodywork Modification Discussion.
Post a reply

3M film

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 am

Hey guys, wondering if any one has used or seen the 3M plastic film that you put on your faring for protection. I've seen pics, but has any one seen it applied in real life. A full kit is about $280. The guy who sells the kits raves about it......but he would I guess.

Cheers for any feedback

Re: 3M film

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 am

Not as easy as they say to install

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:56 am

yeah clingwrapping a book is hard enough, let alone something with compound curves like a fairing :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 am

The ZX6 I recently bought has clear contact on certain sections of the bike, so as to protect it againt any marks or scuffs etc...not such a bad idea.....

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Bloody hard to apply properly but if you have patience and a steady hand its a worth while investment.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:52 am

A mate of mine on a Duke 1198 has this film on it, he has a few other bikes and has it on all them as well, i think he likes it.
oh yeh...and he doesnt have any chips or cracks on any of his bikes either, so i'm guessing its pretty good stuff. He had it applied onto the bikes by the supplier, i think its pretty tricky stuff to put on yourself, it does cost a bit extra to get them to put it on, but worth it if you want it looking right.
:kuda:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:35 pm

I've heard of a product called (not sure of the spelling..Ozzy Cossie..Aussie Cozzy..or similar)
A spray painter told me about it.He's seen it/had to remove it from race cars for repairs.
Also good as a car bra for your million dollar HSV or FPV
Certainly stops the stone chips etc and I'm sure it's applied with a heat to shrink technique.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:34 am

Hey mate i bought some VentureShield 3M paint protection film recently from a guy on Ebay for around $120 AUD delivered but haven't got around to fitting yet. :oops:
Do a search for ebay store called PrintsnPlots. Sells complete kits for 2008 - 2010 zx10r's. If all goes well i'll have a crack at fitting mine this weekend ;) .

3M film

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah a guy in ringwood sells and fits it for around $350. I think by the sounds of it I'll get him to fit it....or else the zx10 will look like the bubble wrap bandit

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Mate of mine sells & applies similar (if not same)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Complete ... 4719354510

Motorcycles: http://www.completesurfacesystems.com.a ... motorcycle

Complete Surface Systems Racing Kit

*Includes Entire Bike covered with PPF Film
Protection/benefit

The benefit of having The Racing Kit means the entire surface of the bike will be protected against stone chips and oxidization. The entire surface of your bike will bear the full brunt of stone chips over its lifetime, this is for your everyday bike fanatic or for Racing and competition bikes. The benefit is your bike will retain the highest resale value possible and will maintain its natural "as new" look while being put under the most severe of Riding/Racing conditions.(Also known as a clear bra, car bra, ppf film, car protection, paint protection, 3M car film)

Cars etc: http://www.completesurfacesystems.com.au/

http://www.youtube.com/user/nanoshield1?feature=mhee

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

I bought a Kit for my 2010 Z1000, you definately need to be patient and follow the instructions as to which corner of each piece needs to go on first as it can be stretched and manipulated to fit properly to each panel. Make sure the bike is clean, and i used a baby oil/water mix in a spray to apply and remove bubbles, and 3M dirt and grease remover to prep each panel. If you're patient enough it will all go on nicely, but this is not a fun job. The results are definately worth while, particularly on the tank and down the front of your bike. Now i have done it once, i will apply it to every bike i have in the future.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Any pics of ur bikes once skinned? I've seen cool patterns on the some US websites. Interestingly roughly same cost in USD as AUD from what u guys say!!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:15 pm

BlackRabbit wrote:Yeah a guy in ringwood sells and fits it for around $350. I think by the sounds of it I'll get him to fit it....or else the zx10 will look like the bubble wrap bandit

PM me the details?
Post a reply