Bodywork Modification Discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Neons

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:58 pm

RobertR wrote:Has anyone here had any experience putting neons on their bike? If you have if you could tell me a bit about it and what needs to be done that would be cool, Thanks :P
I have red LEDs under the seat to project onto the rear wheel and reflects off the exhausts (only when they are clean and shiny).
It only comes on when I pull the brakes, acting as an additional brake lights visible from the sides of the bike.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:10 pm

RG wrote:It only comes on when I pull the brakes, acting as an additional brake lights visible from the sides of the bike.

Thats a good Idea... Sensei what do you think?

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:30 am

hoffy wrote:
MadKaw wrote:hmmm Neons ah..?? :roll:
Nope, I don't believe they will improve the handling, give you any extra HP or reduce your lap times so I'd give em a miss... :wink:

debateable...if we are talking "seat of the pants" dyno that is :lol:

Oh ohhhh I can feel a ZX12 Pimpmobile coming on

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:55 am

Duane wrote:
MadKaw wrote:hmmm Neons ah..?? :roll:
Nope, I don't believe they will improve the handling, give you any extra HP or reduce your lap times so I'd give em a miss... :wink:

I didnt think bright orange stace-rotic leathers gave you HP or reduce laptimes either!!!

If you ever decided to venture to the track, you would know that full leathers are a requirement, not an optional extra....
The colour choice is then yours and it doesn't cost extra to get orange... :shock:
Therefore without my orange leathers my lap times would be greatly increased (to the point of not being possible to complete 1)....

Not much different to helmets really, you gotta have one anyway...

but Duane, you spend ya bucks on Neons instead mate, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

On your pushie.... :D

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:22 pm

RobertR wrote:
RG wrote:It only comes on when I pull the brakes, acting as an additional brake lights visible from the sides of the bike.

RG :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd prob ride/drive off the side of the road pissin myself larfin if I saw that type of light show... :shock:

Photomike has little skulls (i think) with leds on side of his hooonda, don't know what it's like at night but... If God had wanted led's on KWAKAS he wouldn't have invented Hoondas. :roll:

cheers

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:34 pm

tape wrote:
RobertR wrote:

RG :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd prob ride/drive off the side of the road pissin myself larfin if I saw that type of light show... :shock:

Photomike has little skulls (i think) with leds on side of his hooonda, don't know what it's like at night but... If God had wanted led's on KWAKAS he wouldn't have invented Hoondas. :roll:

cheers

HE Did

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:36 pm

Ive been looking at a few photos, and Ive come to the conclusion, that im going to put neons on, but im not going to drive with them on (that was never my intention in the first place) and probably just put 2 green ones somewhere secluded.

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:02 pm

What are they gonna say ?

*Diner* or *24 hour service* seem popular. :wink:

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:50 pm

balanse wrote:What are they gonna say ?

*Diner* or *24 hour service* seem popular. :wink:

:arrowu: :cheesy:

Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:35 am

tape wrote:RG :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd prob ride/drive off the side of the road pissin myself larfin if I saw that type of light show... :shock:
Now I know why people keep pulling over when they see my bike...hmm... :roll:

Then again I'm sure you have seen my bike with the LEDs on.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:41 pm

There was a guy on ebay that sold them for bikes, and you could change colours, and the way they blinked ect.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 pm

anyway u look at it..neons on a bike are gay...especially if there pink..or "scarlet" the pack said greeny??

just warning the young folk to watch out for "scarlet" ...
Post a reply