Bodywork Modification Discussion.
Post a reply

Ducati bits on the Zed?!

Fri May 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Well, I've been thinking and looking.. :wink:

The new Ducati "Hypermotard" has an interesting setup on the bars. "Fold in" mirrors on the ends of the bars, and the indicators built into the "bark-busters" (sorta like the indicators on the CBR1100XX).

Mirror out, indicator off
Mirror folded in, indicator on

Changing to this setup allows me to get rid of the "mirrors on stalks", and the boring standard kwaka front indicators. 8)

Had a chat to one of the blokes from Moto-One tonight, but he couldn't tell me how much. Best he could do for me was "We're getting them in around July, so I'll let you know then..". :roll:

As long as I don't tell anyone they're off a Ducati, I should be right. :oops: :lol:

Fri May 11, 2007 11:02 pm

Sounds interesting, but the link doesn't work.

If thats all that is from the Duke's stable, it's probably made by the Japs anyways, hence it don't count!!!!

Fri May 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Burky wrote:Sounds interesting, but the link doesn't work.

:oops: Came from this page: http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-moto ... permotard/ (about half way down).

Burky wrote:If thats all that is from the Duke's stable, it's probably made by the Japs anyways, hence it don't count!!!!

Sweeeet.. 8)

Fri May 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Just watched the vid :shock:

Great side ways action on the track.

The parts you are talking about look awsome, and visability would be fantastic :wink:

Fri May 11, 2007 11:31 pm

nah not my cup of tea..i looked at bar end mirrors but the bars are wide enuf already, without adding to it..makes filtering trickier...

get a decent set of aftermarket mirrors, some cool LED indicators and ur there...

who wants bark busters on a roadie??

oh and if there nething like suzi gsxr mirrors with indicators built in they will scare u price wise (there like $300-400 a piece i heard??)

Mon May 14, 2007 4:00 pm

Forget lane splitting :shock: Think they would look a bit outta place...
tell you what, you get some & we will all tell you what they look like :lol:

Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Neka79 wrote:nah not my cup of tea..i looked at bar end mirrors but the bars are wide enuf already, without adding to it..makes filtering trickier...

get a decent set of aftermarket mirrors, some cool LED indicators and ur there...

who wants bark busters on a roadie??

oh and if there nething like suzi gsxr mirrors with indicators built in they will scare u price wise (there like $300-400 a piece i heard??)

Matches the motor-X bar's don't they :wink: . Besides wouldn't be too bad in winter that's for sure :shock:

Mon May 14, 2007 6:20 pm

I've seen a heap of cool looking fighters with bark busters on and I reckon they look allright!

Mon May 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Neka79 wrote:.....who wants bark busters on a roadie??.....

:lol: :lol: currently modifying an old set of b/busters for *this* roadie.....I don't think they'll look out of place....... :shock:

:wink:
Attachments
Coree3a.JPG
Instant chookie - just add Dirt !
Coree3a.JPG (92.54 KiB) Viewed 5008 times

Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 pm

Gosling1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: currently modifying an old set of b/busters for *this* roadie.....I don't think they'll look out of place....... :shock:

mate ud be hard pressed to find ANYTHING that actually looks IN PLACE on that monstosity!!

Tue May 15, 2007 10:23 am

Neka79 wrote:
Gosling1 wrote:

mate ud be hard pressed to find ANYTHING that actually looks IN PLACE on that monstosity!!

WTF,

Gos found a new meaning to the Road/Trail

Neka talking sense :shock: thats twice in the same week :lol:

Re: Ducati bits on the Zed?!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:59 pm

Cool idea/design, but yeah not my cup of tea. I reckon it would look a bit out of place!
Post a reply