Led Blinkers

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

Led Blinkers

Postby GreenMan » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 am

Hi all I know it has been discussed before I have read up on it all but no post had the issue I am having with my led blinkers. When I indicate they all work like i have just put the hazards on is this issue still caused by the flasher or is it something else.

Cheers
Monty 8)
"You can put all the makeup you want on a Old Lady she is still a Old Lady"
GreenMan

Bike: ZX7R
State: New South Wales

Re: Led Blinkers

Postby Neka79 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:04 pm

all 4 lights are flashing at once??

umm 2 things it could be....

1. have u put a resistor in line , or a flasher relay to lower the amps for the lights?? ...mind u this shouldnt make all 4 lights flash, should make em flash REALLY fast..

2. check ur wiring..sounds like u have dicked up the wiring and got it wrong...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby GreenMan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:14 am

I Have done nothing but connected the led blinkers nothing else all the standard blinkers where working before led install.
Have not touch wiring or relay.

:D :D
"You can put all the makeup you want on a Old Lady she is still a Old Lady"
GreenMan

Bike: ZX7R

Postby HWY065 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:46 am

I think neka79 has got the right idea.
A lot of auto electrical devices depend on a certain current drain to make them work properly, if they dont get it, they dont work or work diferently. Try the resistors or google the problem and maybe there is a fix that also uses less current then a resistor. But, are you sure the Led blinkers are what you want on a bike? To my knowledge, all LED's are directional, and so are LED blinkers, and most bike blinkers mount from the side, this would mean they would be far less affective then normal globes. Is that realy what you want? :roll:
HWY065

Bike: GPz900

Postby Rossi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 pm

HWY065 wrote:I think neka79 has got the right idea.
A lot of auto electrical devices depend on a certain current drain to make them work properly, if they dont get it, they dont work or work diferently. Try the resistors or google the problem and maybe there is a fix that also uses less current then a resistor. But, are you sure the Led blinkers are what you want on a bike? To my knowledge, all LED's are directional, and so are LED blinkers, and most bike blinkers mount from the side, this would mean they would be far less affective then normal globes. Is that realy what you want? :roll:

I believe Saki has just paid $16 from Repco ;)

The same info I posted to Saki is below -

I used a Narva PART No. 68212BL
But it's basically a 12V 2pin electronic flasher relay........try and get someone over the age of 12 to serve you
The electronic relay will flash at the same rate no matter what the load is. Different resistance? Not a problem. Burnt out Bulbs here and there, no matter it will still flash at the same rate. That's why the electronic relay is so nice, you don't have to worry about what kind of load someone is putting on it, it's a fixall.
Another two that would be suitable are both made by Tridon. The standard model (part #Tridon 552, $3.00) says "variable load, 12Volt, 2 terminal, 4 lamp capacity" The other model (part #Tridon EL-12, $7.00) says "variable load, 12Volt, 2 terminal, 10 lamp capacity, extended life, lasts 10 times longer than thermal relays." Basically it appears that the only difference is that the black relay can handle more lamps at once.
Last edited by Rossi on Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby Rossi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:20 pm

HWY065 wrote: To my knowledge, all LED's are directional, and so are LED blinkers, and most bike blinkers mount from the side, this would mean they would be far less affective then normal globes. Is that realy what you want? :roll:

May I suggest your knowledge is limited ;)
LED lighting has come on in leaps and bounds in the last couple of years........my led indicators are probably 3 times the light output of a standard globe as for directional......well, standard globe indicators point front and rear - Guess which way led ones face :roll:
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby mfzx6r » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Rossi wrote:
HWY065 wrote: :

LED lighting has come on in leaps and bounds in the last couple of years........my led indicators are probably 3 times the light output of a standard globe as for directional......well, standard globe indicators point front and rear - Guess which way led ones face :roll:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Trust Rossi !!!!!!!!! ;) I know !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r
If it aint "Lime green" it must be a "Lemon"
Friends dont let friends ride Hondas

The most famous KSRC member of all...
Part of the "Fookarwe" tribe
mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby HWY065 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:51 am

Rossi wrote:
HWY065 wrote: To my knowledge, all LED's are directional, and so are LED blinkers, and most bike blinkers mount from the side, this would mean they would be far less affective then normal globes. Is that realy what you want? :roll:

You may suggest that,......
But my knowledge is actualy quite good on this subject. and as for your argument, let me just say this; Only a fool argues with a fool. ;)
But I am a bit foolish so her goes, if you have a LED replacement globe that looks like this:
Then it is fine, but these are very hard to get in Australia in shops anyway.
But if you have a LED replacement globe that looks like this:
then it is directional. And normal globes emit light all round, except the mounting point. Front and back? I am so foolish. :oops:
HWY065

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:42 am

Those bulbs you have shown are only suitable for use in 2-pin style indicators - old-style blinkers like on your GpZ are'nt really suitable for LED globes. Those blinkers only point forwards and backwards anyway, plus blinging up the old-style big chunky black plastic indicators would be a woftam.

But - new-style blinkers, like those fitted to most sports bikes - sit on the 'side' of the fairing at the front, and the light from these, even when LED blinkers are used, can be seen from the front, the side, and the rear-quarter of the bike. The new style LEDS are plenty bright enough to be seen, no doubt about it. The old 2-pin style of bulb is hardly used at all in front blinkers these days, at least on sports bikes.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Rossi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:42 am

He asked about LED indicators not globes.....the ones you have shown are the stop/tail light type ;)
Attachments
zx9 mk3 002.jpg
zx9 mk3 002.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Rossi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:47 am

HWY065 wrote:
Rossi wrote:

You may suggest that,......
But my knowledge is actualy quite good on this subject. and as for your argument, let me just say this; Only a fool argues with a fool. ;)
But I am a bit foolish so her goes, if you have a LED replacement globe that looks like this:
Then it is fine, but these are very hard to get in Australia in shops anyway.
But if you have a LED replacement globe that looks like this:
then it is directional. And normal globes emit light all round, except the mounting point. Front and back? I am so foolish. :oops:

No good arguing with a fool........they drag you down to their level and then beat yo with experience :lol:
Remember - it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove them right ;)
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby HWY065 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:34 pm

The ones I showed are actualy blinkers, single contact at the back type. But I see your point, it does sound like he was talking complete units not replacement bulbs. I will now suck off into the funset, tail between legs.
PS; I got a thing called a Mitsubishi Delica that glows blue from most orifices, underneath and all light fixtures. So I get off on any type of LED thingys. 8)
HWY065

Postby dave#3 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:02 pm

HWY065 wrote:PS; I got a thing called a Mitsubishi Delica that glows blue from most orifices

One of these?

I've always wanted to know what people saw in these things, and I've never known somebody who had one. So, if I may, what do you see in this vehicle? I've always figured they didn't have enough ground-clearance to be any good as a 4x4, they're too tall to be any good as a van, and too ugly to be any good for picking up birds :)

I won't even ask about the blue LEDs :?
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000

Postby 6maniac » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Probably an excellent shaggin' wagon AFTER you've picked up though!
If you want blue lights see Bling re: Jaycar!
I've spent over 40 years of my life riding bikes .... the rest of it, I wasted ..
If it's got wheels or tits, it's gonna give you trouble !
HCST #2
Team Black '09 ..... R.I.P. - 2011.
Back in Black....2011.
6maniac
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z750

Postby HWY065 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:26 pm

No, it is one like this;
And it has as much clearance and capability as a Pajero. It is basicly a Pajero with a starwagon body with all luxury items, i.e. duel climate control, satnav, dvd, 7 captains chairs, power everything etc and then some.
this is my mates short wheelbase on a nice hill we found. (mine is a long wheelbase)
It was my pride and joy, but now i spend more time on the bike and it sits in the driveway most of the time. I have a laser as well to run around in, (cheaper on petrol/diesel).
Like the number plates?
HWY065

Next

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods