Orange Clutch Cable

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

Orange Clutch Cable

Postby 67-FKD » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Is it possible at all to get a coloured clutch cable? i need a new one for my 04 Zed 750 and I figured i might as well match it to my Orange HEL Brakelines.

But the local dealership cant help me, short of suggesting to use eletrical heatshrink on a standard cable, or making a custom one out of brake lines (that sounds expensive!)
67-FKD
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750
State: Queensland

Re: Orange Clutch Cable

Postby zxsixr03 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Just grab something similar to this off the net i just googled orange hose and slide it over the whole standard clutch cable...
Built by craftsman, Designed by a genius, Ridden by a twat....
zxsixr03
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby 67-FKD » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:51 am

Looks liek that will be my best bet, i cant beleive somone doesnt make one though? we get coloured brake lines but not clutch!
67-FKD
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby oldmate » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:16 pm

I have a yellow clutch line on my zxr that supplied from HEL so im sure that they would make something for yours. I don't think a single line would be that expensive even if it's a break line off something else just give them the length that you need. Have you tried contacting HEL directly most dealers are of the opinion that if its not listed in last years price list that it doesn't exist
oldmate
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZXR750
State: Victoria

Postby 67-FKD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:12 am

Well took oldmate sadvice and emailed HEL and they replied they can infact do something, so ill call them this afternoon and set something up! ill also advise him he should advertise this stuff! google searches only bought up motox stuff
67-FKD
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Phil » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:58 pm

67-FKD wrote:Well took oldmate sadvice and emailed HEL and they replied they can infact do something, so ill call them this afternoon and set something up! ill also advise him he should advertise this stuff! google searches only bought up motox stuff

As long as its a hydraulic clutch you'll be right. I ordered mine (Hel) through Superbike Supply, site sponsor and VERY easy to deal with. HTH
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods