Switch to full style
Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

re: Helmet Sizing - When is too tight, too tight?

Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:12 pm

I have to agree with the different brand v different head shape theory.

I can wear AGV's and Arai's but can't get a Shoei to fit. The medium is too small and the large too big. If your buying a new one watch out for the date stamp inside, remembering your lid is good for 3 - 5 years. They will all discount helmets that are getting on a bit and you may get some good buys but watch that it's not too old.

Cath

I don't know that your chin situation is too much of a problem, so long as the chin part isn't coming into contact with you because the helmet is moving around. It's probably something to watch next time you buy a new one.

Re: re: Helmet Sizing - When is too tight, too tight?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:25 am

Cath wrote:HAHAHA! Thanks anyway, seraph and Colette. I have a Shoei already. Maybe I just have the jaw of a Neanderthal? :lol:

tongue9.gif :shock: I just don't know what to say to that.

Re: re: Helmet Sizing - When is too tight, too tight?

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:16 pm

red_dave wrote:Cath... I can touch the front with my jaw (if i poke it out that is) in my X-Lite helmet but i'm not sure about the jaw-breaking thing... I hit the right side and back right corner of helmet during my recent off.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had a Jaw injury from this? :roll:

Ok guys,

I still suffering from severe whiplash from my off and I am now seeing a chiropractor. I had xrays (on monday) on my head and my jaw is 1 inch off and my C6 and C7 bones in my neck are 2 inches out.

With my old helmet i couldn't touch the front, so when my head bounced on the ground there was too much movement.

I can touch the front in my new helmet but after just purchasing my new lid, it has become to big so Tape bought me a new smaller inner. Now there's No more movement.

I was told by the chiro this morning, that too much movement in our lids can cause serious damage
Last edited by T on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:19 pm

Jesus, T, now there's a bloody good advert for a tight fitting lid! :shock:
Hope you get back together quickly!

Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:25 pm

Short thanks to everyone who replied to the post...
Tried the new lid at the Nasho (missed you at the start, Phil, :( but caught up later)
Bit tight around the nogging to begin, but after a few hours, it settled in quite nicely, and without any annoying rattle/shake on the Freeway.
Guess I have a Shoei-shaped head after all.
Post a reply