Switch to full style
Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Draggin K-Legs

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried out the Draggin K-Legs? http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products ... /index.htm

Thinking of getting a pair to wear under my work trousers. I'm in and out of the office most days, travelling to see (conservative) clients who would probably freak if I turned up in leathers. Travel at commuter speeds (80kph or less) most of the time.

These may provide the answer I need but just wondering of anyone has any thoughts?

Draggin Cino's are the other option but these k legs are kevlar over the whole leg.

Cheers,
Wayne :D

Re: Draggin K-Legs

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 pm

I'd like to know how comfortable they are.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Anyone know what they cost? Looks like not to bad an idea.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:09 pm

Cost is about - $260. Not bad it you can wear normal pants over the top but you'd still want armour for knees / hips. The leggings are also double layered so thats got to be a good thing.

Trouble is I can't find any in a shop to take a good close look.

Cheers,

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Just do the leathers - make 'em stretch their comfort zone. Your the one putting the body on the line !!!!!!!!! ;)

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:07 pm

At that price, they can keep em :roll:

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:08 am

I have a K-Shirt which is fairly comfortable, but it's also fairly thick, I reckon if the pants are made of the same material you'd soon get sick of them in Summer!

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 pm

icon make something called field armour, it goes under your jeans and gives extra protection to knees and lower legs.

and I don't think it costs quite so much.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:16 pm

I tried on a pair of the k-legs last week at Gecko here in Canberra, I think they were $220.

They are pretty thick - I thought if I got a pair I'd have to get new pants to go over the top of them as I'd need a size bigger (at least) to accommodate them. I reckon they'd be a bitch in summer.

They are also definitely made for boys... there was a fair bit of... well room in the front :lol:

Personally I wouldn't buy them.

I had a quick look at the Chinos and they look pretty good if you need something a little more "officey".

The Icon field armour looks the goods from looking at it on the net, but I've only seen the shorts version.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Hey Mel,

Haven't seen them yet but from what I've read they are a tad warm for summer.

Cino's are a good option. Office looking with some protection.

I've been thinking about the Icon Shorts - with them and some knee armour with boots you're pretty much covered - probably more than Draggins along (well except for the k-legs of course).

Any thoughts on the shorts / knees / boots alone (under office pants)?

Cheers,

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 pm

what isthe best thing for summer wear?

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:25 pm

Depends -
Local - ( 2-5 km ) Draggins + RJ's mesh jacket
Suburban - ( 5-20 km ) Leather pants and jacket - mesh jacket if its + 30 degrees
Touring - full leather
Always - boots and gloves

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 am

I've not seen the Icon shorts in person so can't really comment on them - I have been eyeing them off for quite a while though - they look like they'd be a slimmer fit than the k-legs (and being shorts a lot cooler). The Icon knee armour looks the goods too, but again never seen it in person, only on the net.

Speedqueen - it's really a personal choice - for me around town it's usually draggins although occasionally regular jeans and a summer textile jacket, out of town it's usually leather, though occasionally draggins, depends where I'm going, and textile jacket.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 am

I have a pair of the Draggins with the zip off legs for summer use, you get the protection while riding but once you get where you're going zip off the legs and you have shorts on! :D (don't forget to take something other than bike boots to wear! :lol: )
Mine seem to have shrunk drastically though as they no longer fit me! obviously a manufacturing fault that actually seems to be spreading like a virus to all my trousers lately! :oops:

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 am

6maniac wrote:Depends -
Local - ( 2-5 km ) Draggins + RJ's mesh jacket
Suburban - ( 5-20 km ) Leather pants and jacket - mesh jacket if its + 30 degrees
Touring - full leather
Always - boots and gloves

me too :lol:
Post a reply