Nolan Helmet their after sales service.

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Nolan Helmet their after sales service.

Postby wisc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Just got back from speaking with the NOLAN rep about my helmets visor, basically the helmet visor has become very badly scratched between the anti fog mechanism and the external visor. (the inner anti fog visor has been rubbing the external visor causing scratches between the visor and the fog layer) I know the helmet is getting old (4 years) and expect wear and tear, however, this issue was directly caused by Nolan's own device/equipment and has reduced the life of the visor in general. In other words I don’t expect something I bought from Nolan would reduce another part of the helmets lifespan… these scratches where also noticeable half way though the helmets life less than a few years into it, i didn't realize there was a guarantee at that time.

I bought the defective visor into the shop the rep was visiting because I found that the helmet visor had a 5 year scratch warranty (after finding some old paperwork), which now I understand after talking to the rep(which is why I’m so annoyed ), apparently doesn’t cover these types of scratches… if it doesn’t cover these types of scratches what does it cover!?!?

The anti fog system was on as tightly as it could be but still allowed movement. This is a design fault.

They do have a warning (in the fine print) stating “the presence of dust between the visors can produce scratches on both surfaces” which the rep was quick to point out... hmm thanks for the warning Nolan ill be sure to ride my bike only in dust free areas from now on! Look out scientific dustless facilities here I come!

So in short I’m not happy with Nolan, one part has reduced the lifespan of the visor, new visor is 55 bux plus I want a tinted one another 55 bux… I think ill just put the 110 dollars towards a new helmet(one that comes with a tinted visor)… and guess what… it wont be a Nolan one!
daily rider: zx9r c2 December 98 (Cages 94 TT GZ supra (red) 99 proton satria for sale 6k with mags and kit.)
wisc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Re: Nolan Helmet their after sales service.

Postby bonester » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Mate they're not the only ones. Try getting replacements on faulty helmets used in a riding school- a couple of brands too. Currently waiting for 5 weeks on a replacement on a brand new, never worn helmet supplied with a free three inch crack in the fibreglass from the supplier. Been promised a new helmet on at least four occasions. Got some joy after 5 weeks by ringing the sales rep whose stuff up it is, at 6.30am Saturday morning....I was at work, so should he be! :twisted: Rang Australia wide sales manager today who assures me a new helmet will be here tomorrow....I'll believe it when I see it. Faulty helmets in the past with another mob haven't been replaced either. A hell of a lot of the bike industry is full of SCUM! :x
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Rossi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Maybe it's just me, but c'mon 4 years.......
I change my visor every 2 and helmets every 4 years anyway
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Strika » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Rossi wrote:Maybe it's just me, but c'mon 4 years.......
I change my visor every 2 and helmets every 4 years anyway

I agree totally Rossi. Some people just have extremely unrealistic expectations! :roll: 4 years old!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby wisc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:30 pm

scratches occur on the visor naturally I'm not concerned about those(manufacturer cant do much about normal wear and tear). its the inch wide white scratches all the way along the top caused by the anti fog system that they sell that annoy me!
its part you pay extra for, if i hadn't used it my visor would still be ok!

basically the fog system to the visor is loose causing it to rub, no matter how tight the screws are. if it weren't for the fog system the visor would still be fine...

gonna have to find the grantee and read it a bit better...
daily rider: zx9r c2 December 98 (Cages 94 TT GZ supra (red) 99 proton satria for sale 6k with mags and kit.)
wisc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby aggerz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Replacing a visor after 4yrs to me is quite reasonable regardless of the reasons behind it.

Totally understand the fact that the 'early' replacement has come up as a consequence design but think of it as something else like say a suspension bush.. they don't last forever, they rub by design and require replacing from time to time despite not being listed as a consumable just like a visor.

But if you wanted a tint one... then in theory you should get 8yrs (4yrs each) before getting your next one. bargain!
Current - 76 Z900 - 01 ZR7
Past - 92 KDX200 - 96 ZX7R - 93 ZZR250
aggerz
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z900

Postby bonester » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:15 pm

My Shoei visor is pretty screwed after less than 2 years but it gets all day every day use. :)
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby aardvark » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 pm

I have been wearing a Nolan flip top for the past 6 months, keeping in mind that 6 months use of a helmet for me is equivalent to 2 or 3 years use for some people!

Thankfully, the powers that be have replaced it with the Shoei Multitech. They are worlds apart on numerous levels.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

State: South Australia

Postby lifeofcrimeguy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:23 pm

4 years is a long time. But if the guarantee says 5 years then why the hell not keep it for 5 years and expect a replacement for a defect which is a direct result of their design. Never gonna happen of course. But enjoy the fight anyway. Fighting is fun ;)
See here, young man,
From Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy's Gap to Castlereagh,
There's none can ride like me.

-- Banjo Paterson
LMFAO
lifeofcrimeguy
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Rossi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 pm

aardvark wrote:Thankfully, the powers that be have replaced it with the Shoei Multitech. They are worlds apart on numerous levels.

In the immortal phrase of Pauline Hanson..............."Please explain" :lol:
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby aardvark » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Rossi wrote:
aardvark wrote:Thankfully, the powers that be have replaced it with the Shoei Multitech. They are worlds apart on numerous levels.

Which part didn't you get Paul? That the Nolan was a total and utter piece of crap, or that someone who controls the purse strings finally made a sensible decision? :)
aardvark

State: South Australia

Postby Rossi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am

aardvark wrote:
Rossi wrote:

Which part didn't you get Paul? That the Nolan was a total and utter piece of crap, or that someone who controls the purse strings finally made a sensible decision? :)

Well mate,
knowing how long you guys are in the saddle for........ I was looking for a full write up of it's plus points ( I'm in the market for a new lid - and unlike the UK, I haven't yet found an Aussie shop who wants to let me take a lid for a test ride, and I don't like parting with the best part of 600 bucks just on a chance that it might be OK
Rossi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby wisc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 am

should have taken note when it first started happening, but it wasn't that bad as its not really in the line of sight when it started and i kinda knew they wouldn't do anything about it anyway.

4 years is a long time. But if the guarantee says 5 years then why the hell not keep it for 5 years and expect a replacement for a defect which is a direct result of their design. Never gonna happen of course. But enjoy the fight anyway. Fighting is fun ;)

*2 completly agree with all that. :)
wisc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to Riding Gear Discussion