draggin jeans

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Re: draggin jeans

Postby Saki » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:29 am

Draggin's are shit, i came off at 50k's in them, which isn't all that fast for a bike and the knee of them tore to shreads and my knees got shreaded with them!
Waste of money, get leather instead, same stack had leather jacket and at 50k's has a light scuff
ZX-2R '88 -> ZX636 '06 -> ZX-9R '99 -> ZX-10R '04 -> Z1000 '03 -> ZX-10R '04 -> ZX-10R '08
Saki
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Western Australia

Postby Nelso » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 am

I've got a pair of grey camo cargo draggins (size 40) that have hardly been worn if someone wants to bey them cheap. I never wear them.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby King Nicholas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Saki wrote:Draggin's are shit, i came off at 50k's in them, which isn't all that fast for a bike and the knee of them tore to shreads and my knees got shreaded with them!
Waste of money, get leather instead, same stack had leather jacket and at 50k's has a light scuff

Nelso wrote:I've got a pair of grey camo cargo draggins (size 40) that have hardly been worn if someone wants to bey them cheap. I never wear them.

Good luck selling them now!
So many mixed reports.
I guess it is how you fall/slide that makes the difference.
I'd rather not test them myself so thanks Saki!
King Nicholas. Keeping it unreal.
King Nicholas
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning

Postby Nelso » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 am

That's why I never wear them, because they are shit. :lol: There are plenty of numpties out there that still think they are just as good as leather despite all the people saying otherwise so I might get lucky and find someone who wants to buy a cheap pair.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby adge82 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 pm

I had a slide at 60ish in draggin cargos, you cant tell. Leather jacket has a mark where the bike hit me and my boot has a nice flat section on the moulded ankle guard.
They held up fine, but i went down pretty soft. Gradual lowside into a spin.
I agree 100% leather is better. No doubt. But i dont have leather pants and im not paranoid about getting on the bike.

When i can spare the money (pffft, like that will happen) ill buy leather pants.
adge82
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby Macca86 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 pm

One of my mates came off on the weekend at 100k in his draggins. (Right in fron of me mind you! Nearly took me out as well!! :shock: ) It was a hard off too, highsided it and his draggins actually held up! I was amazed after all the horror stories ive heard regarding how they just shred and giv no protection. But his torn thru the jeans material at the knees (he landed on his left knee= shattered his kneecap) but the yellow kelvar stuff on the inside was intact and he got no gravel rash whatsoever! Actually only a small bit high on his hip wher his jacket came up a bit. But yeah overall, theer performance suprised me. Leather is still 100000 times better tho and I always use my full leathers on longer rides.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Current Ride: '00 Kawasaki ZX6R
Previous rides '00 Yamaha R6
'07 Hyo GT250R
'98 Kawasaki GPX250
'79 Honda XL185
Macca86

Bike: ZX6R

Postby robracer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Macca86 wrote:. But his torn thru the jeans material at the knees (he landed on his left knee= shattered his kneecap) but the yellow kelvar stuff on the inside was intact and he got no gravel rash whatsoever!
no gravel rash insignificant compared to what he did get :?
A shattered kneecap is a shocking injury, If he had armor on under the draggins or leathers with CE protection the outcome could be so much different, I would never wear anything but leather pants with armor. EVEN going down the street to the shops.
Do you know how long is he going to be out of action Macca?
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Macca86 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Oh for sure! If he was in full leathers with armour he probably wouldnt have sustained the injury that he did. Nothing beats leather. My full leathers are the best thing I have ever spent money on. Saved my life last year. I was just saying it suprised me he didnt get any rash after all the stories Ive heard about draggins just shredding and leaving skin open to scape the road. Coz as much as a shattered kneecap sucks, its a tenny lil bit better then a shattered kneecap AND gravel and dirt ground centremetres into you skin.
No word yet on how long his healing period will be. He was up and walking straight away, didnt even think he'd broken anything til he went to the hospital later that day just to be safe. That when they told him. Id say it was a different story the next morning tho when he woke up. Id say he felt every lil bit of it then

'07 Hyo GT250R
'98 Kawasaki GPX250
'79 Honda XL185
Macca86

Postby robracer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm

With a few stacks on the road (including a head on ) :shock: & a few stacks on the track I very quickly worked out that it just is not worth the risk anytime, you can expect the unexpected :?
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Macca86 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Just as an update, my mate is stil in hospital bed ridden! Apparently he tore a muscle from up near his hip in the crash and went in to have it operated on a few days ago. Still at the hospital now. Guess it goes to show that just coz ur up and walking after an off doesnt mean ur home free!

'07 Hyo GT250R
'98 Kawasaki GPX250
'79 Honda XL185
Macca86

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion