Good cold/wet weather gloves?

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Re: re: Good cold/wet weather gloves?

Postby Smitty » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:39 pm

Ratmick wrote:... However, I might end up trying some silk glove inners.

HTH

Mick
I have some silk inners
I wear them under my AGV gloves if its cold
(but not gunna be wet)
They are OK but if its a Macedon winter..they don't help

hth

cheers
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Victoria

re: Good cold/wet weather gloves?

Postby Nanna10r » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:35 am

I've bought several pairs of winter Gloves. Yet to find some that dont make my Thumbs ache :roll: .
For the Tiggr RoadTrip i ended up using thermal inners under my normal Leather gloves I bought From Ezz. When they got soaked i used the Joe Rocket summer gloves with disposable Latex gloves as inners.
hth.
A friend of mine bought Snow Ski Gloves & is pretty happy with them.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby javaman » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:29 am

neka79 wrote:
javaman wrote:I have force-1 glove, which has the gore-tex thingy. It is warm and waterproof and I have used it to tour tassie. Cold and raining for 4hrs and not a drop of water. But it is very thick and one cannot feel the throttle etc. Bulky. Sooo since I got my cheap kevlar glove (supposedly) from my trip to thailand I've never worn it again. Mind you the winter glove is a BITCH to put on/off once you sweat.

For warmth to my race gloves, I'm thinking to buy the "thermal glove". Never seen one actually but seems like a good idea ?? Anyone can give a review of this thing ?

yea mate ive got the thermal....rjays-$15....work a bloody treat if u can fit em under ur normal gloves!! my old rivet gloves with vents-no prob in winter in nsw (highlands=bloody cold)...tho i cant fit em under my alpy gloves,but fixed that by buying sum rockets the other day...
i hate winter gloves and WONT wear em...
ive also used the doctor type gloves (soft rubber) under my summer gloves..gloves get soaked,but hands stay warm & dry- u can buy a pack of 100 from coles etc for $5..

Why that is a brilliant idea :shock: I have actually these disposable condom-like gloves in the garage. Will tuck in some underneath the seat for rainy day... THANKS!!
alien.gif andi - Red GPZ900R, GPZ750R1, KLR650 Tengai, KLR250
"my dad's motorbike is cool it is all ways clean.oheter pepole' s motorbikes
are't like my dad's one it's because their is one not always clean."
-ariel circa 2007
http://GPZninja.blogspot.com/
javaman
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GPz900
State: Victoria

Postby RG » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:19 pm

javaman wrote:
neka79 wrote: ive also used the doctor type gloves (soft rubber) under my summer gloves..gloves get soaked,but hands stay warm & dry- u can buy a pack of 100 from coles etc for $5..

Why that is a brilliant idea :shock: I have actually these disposable condom-like gloves in the garage. Will tuck in some underneath the seat for rainy day... THANKS!!

Yep, I always have a pair of surgical gloves in my jacket for wet weather. Works well.
"...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena." - Theodore Roosevelt
RG
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Western Australia

Postby Neka79 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:21 pm

Ratmick wrote:
neka79 wrote:yea mate ive got the thermal....rjays-$15....work a bloody treat if u can fit em under ur normal gloves!! my old rivet gloves with vents-no prob in winter in nsw (highlands=bloody cold)...tho i cant fit em under my alpy gloves,but fixed that by buying sum rockets the other day...
i hate winter gloves and WONT wear em...
ive also used the doctor type gloves (soft rubber) under my summer gloves..gloves get soaked,but hands stay warm & dry- u can buy a pack of 100 from coles etc for $5..

The only trouble with them is that some people are allergic to latex, it gives them dermatitis or eczema. And your hands smell of rubber. While I don't like that, I understand some people do :wink:

oh im into that kinky shit mate!!
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby Neka79 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:24 pm

RG wrote:
javaman wrote:
neka79 wrote: ive also used the doctor type gloves (soft rubber) under my summer gloves..gloves get soaked,but hands stay warm & dry- u can buy a pack of 100 from coles etc for $5..

Yep, I always have a pair of surgical gloves in my jacket for wet weather. Works well.

yep, also come in handy if u need to perform an emergency cavity search..or pick up a slut..or both...lol...."now where did i put my keys?? my god woman, howd they get up there??"
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
Neka79

Postby aardvark » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:38 pm

I wore my new gloves on the way to work this morning. They did the trick for most of the way. The hail wasn't much fun and the gloves were a little damp on the inside by the time I got to work - 40 mins in the rain.

I had to put them in the microwave at work for a while when I left for home (also put my socks in the microwave when I got to work) as they were still damp.

By the time I got home they were soaked through. As were my dri-rider pants and jacket. Luckily I decided to wear my Dri-Rider PVC overalls under my other Dri-Rider gear. I guess that's what happens when you spend 40 minutes riding in wet riding gear in rain thick enough that you can only see 40 or 50 metres in front of you.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha

Postby RG » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:48 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: so wat else did u put in the microwave?
"...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena." - Theodore Roosevelt
RG
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Western Australia

Postby aardvark » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:59 pm

Just the gloves and the socks. I couldn't fit my boots in...

Works a treat. Just stick them in for 30 seconds at a time, make sure they don't have any metal on them, and watch that they aren't getting too hot.
aardvark

Bike: Yamaha

Postby ty » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:16 am

aardvark wrote:I guess that's what happens when you spend 40 minutes riding in wet riding gear in rain thick enough that you can only see 40 or 50 metres in front of you.

Yeah I don't think there's anything out there that can really stand up to prolonged exposure.
My stuff (2 layers) normally leaks after 30 mins or so of steady rain.
ty
If you have no fear, you're not going fast enough.
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
ty
Team Ninja

Bike: Honda
State: New South Wales

Postby raffiki » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:26 am

mike-s wrote:i have a pair of http://www.mcas.com.au/product.php?section=1&prodid=425 and they did a fantastic job on my trip to canberra waterproof-wise. The only weakness was it does let a bit of air through despite being 100% waterproof. That was remediated with a GOOD soaking with some aqua-proofing from k-mart (any camping store will have it)

Just remember to pull the gloves off by the finger tips and you'll be fine :-).

n.b. soaking the glove and jacket with the waterproofing spray was worth the cost of it as it reduced the water & wind penetration to almost nill.

yeah i've got those and have just gotten some heated oxford grips for 130$, now everything is perfect. i have ridden from melb to geelong (70k's) in the rain and they didnt leak a bit, bloody gold :D
insert brain > here <
raffiki

Postby Neka79 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:17 pm

raffiki wrote:
mike-s wrote:i have a pair of http://www.mcas.com.au/product.php?section=1&prodid=425 and they did a fantastic job on my trip to canberra waterproof-wise. The only weakness was it does let a bit of air through despite being 100% waterproof. That was remediated with a GOOD soaking with some aqua-proofing from k-mart (any camping store will have it)

Just remember to pull the gloves off by the finger tips and you'll be fine :-).

n.b. soaking the glove and jacket with the waterproofing spray was worth the cost of it as it reduced the water & wind penetration to almost nill.

yeah i've got those and have just gotten some heated oxford grips for 130$, now everything is perfect. i have ridden from melb to geelong (70k's) in the rain and they didnt leak a bit, bloody gold :D

gold?? yuck, gold looks shit on bike gloves..id go for blue, or red..
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
Neka79

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion