back protectors

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Postby Neka79 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:56 pm

AussieGuy wrote:Do people where back protectors for everyday riding ? e.g 30mins ride to work ?

nope..altho i too kno ppl who wont leave home without one..i wear mine on the track, quicker rides thru the hills, and if im goin out stunting...

if im just pottering around town, or to work, i dont...tho u still can get hurt, i figure at 60kph i can cope with just the built in one in my jacket...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby mohawk miss » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:06 pm

I wear mine on every ride no matter how short. I have the RJays one, not the full length but the next one down (bit of a shortarse). It gives a lot of support (important when you have nerve damage in your back :wink: ) and does not stick up thru the neck of my jacket.

There is a girl from GRO (learner) who came unstuck at the top of Scenic on Bell's. Apparently the docs have said if she'd had armour on, she wouldn't have suffered so much damage (went under the armco and hit it with her back).
mohawk miss
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR600
State: New South Wales

Postby Stereo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Neka79 wrote:
AussieGuy wrote:Do people where back protectors for everyday riding ? e.g 30mins ride to work ?

nope..altho i too kno ppl who wont leave home without one..i wear mine on the track, quicker rides thru the hills, and if im goin out stunting...

if im just pottering around town, or to work, i dont...tho u still can get hurt, i figure at 60kph i can cope with just the built in one in my jacket...

I dont own a back protector, but even if I did, I wouldnt wear it to the shops etc... I have CE approved back armour in my jacket which will stop bruising, but not bending....
The world is round. It has no point.
Stereo
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Location: Pt Cook, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Pacific Ocean, Earth
Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby Neka79 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:51 pm

mohawk miss wrote:I wear mine on every ride no matter how short. I have the RJays one, not the full length but the next one down (bit of a shortarse). It gives a lot of support (important when you have nerve damage in your back :wink: ) and does not stick up thru the neck of my jacket.

There is a girl from GRO (learner) who came unstuck at the top of Scenic on Bell's. Apparently the docs have said if she'd had armour on, she wouldn't have suffered so much damage (went under the armco and hit it with her back).

funny u say that..when Greg bounced into the armco guard rail on eagle last yr he broke both legs & ended up pretty farked up..his chin bar on his shoei was split in half (had abt 15 stitches in his chin) ...yet he still walks today..after highsiding & hitting a guard rail...mind u , his back protector had sum serious scratching....
funniest thing is, now hes got a new bike, and new gear..he SOLD the bacl protector to a mate for $50.....the same protector which saved his life...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby mohawk miss » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:51 am

He walks. She doesnt. :(

Although I'm not sure I would buy back armour that had been in a stack. Dont they work a bit like helments?
mohawk miss
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR600
State: New South Wales

Postby mitch179 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:34 am

i just picked up an alpinestars Tech race back protector off a guy on another forum for 70 bucks .. i have no idea why he didnt want it anymore but its brand new , never been used ...

score :D

havent used it yet but it feels pretty good to wear
mitch179
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion