Dririder RallyCross Pro jacket... worth buying?

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Dririder RallyCross Pro jacket... worth buying?

Postby GPZ_Jim » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Just doing some browsing.. apparently bikebiz have these on sale for 185 bucks.. looks like a bit tempting .. any thoughts?
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz500
State: New South Wales

Re: Dririder RallyCross Pro jacket... worth buying?

Postby BikeBiz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 am

Hey Jim - We've got them at this price, although have run out of popular sizes (eg medium, large, XL) so best to check.

Thoughts? Dririder is a really solid seller for us as the quality and consistency is always excellent. The jacket doesn't excel in any one area, but is a great all-rounder. It's a fairly long cut meaning you get good coverage over your pants. It's layered well so can keep you really warm in winter as well. I'd say a good 3-season jacket, you'd probably want something lighter on hot summer days.

If you want more info, let me know what area you're in and what kind of riding you do and I can let you know if anything else may fit the bill if you're still unsure. Cheers.
Bikebiz Granville: 274 Parramatta Rd (02) 968 22 999 Kawasaki - Triumph
Bikebiz Parramatta: 7 Great Western Hwy (02) 88 300 500 Yamaha - Aprilia - Hyosung
http://www.bikebiz.com.au
BikeBiz

Bike: Yamaha

Postby GPZ_Jim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm

thanks for the reply & info :) I'm @ Newcastle, mostly ride around here, some fwy trips down to syd and back, like I said was just browsing around and saw its on sale so thought i'd seek some info :) I'm prolly more on the larger end of the size scale :oops: got a bit of extra padding around the midsection :)

Just wondering which of the 2 stores has the jackets etc at or is it at both? :D
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby mohawk miss » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:05 pm

both have some.

its not a bad jacket, but as a road jacket you may not get much use out of the water bladder. Unless you want to put red bull or V in it ;)
Just be aware that when you take the liner out, the jacket will be a bit loose. But a pretty good all rounder jacket. You can even wear the fleecy liner as a jacket by itself.
I used to have a handle on Life,
but it fell off.

Pilot of the Aloominum Falcon
mohawk miss
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR600

Postby GPZ_Jim » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 am

sweeet! :)
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby GPZ_Jim » Sat May 01, 2010 10:59 pm

update! Finally got around to making the trip down to syd today to check it out at BB.. took one off the rack had a quick squiz and bought it! :) now I have some armour plating! w00t :P

I am glad I went to BB and had a look at them cos if I just ordered off the net I woulda went for 3XL when it turns out 2XL is a nice fit for me :) Definately agree with your points there mohawk miss, a good jacket for sure :) I did notice it was less snug w/out the liner but not overly loose so i'm quite happy with it.. just gotta get used to the umpteen dozen zips and velcro things that must be secured b4 takeoff :D

I am a little curious whats different between the RC pro and RC pro 2??
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Kawawog » Sat May 01, 2010 11:44 pm

I bought a Dri rider Alpine climate control series jacket from bike biz in granville last tuesday for $319 down from $399.. So far am very happy with my purchase :D
Kawawog
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Postby GPZ_Jim » Sun May 02, 2010 10:15 am

nice!
GPZ_Jim
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby mick_dundee » Sun May 02, 2010 12:08 pm

GPZ_Jim wrote:I am a little curious whats different between the RC pro and RC pro 2??

One has the number 2 in it's title :)
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby Reedy » Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Bikebiz, Nice to see you have joined up.

Will you be becoming a KSRC sponser and offering KSRC members discounts and incentives to use your custom :D :D
Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby Mikey84 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:37 pm

ive got that jacket and i gotta say its quite good, the biggest flaw is the camel back doesnt seal properly so if you sit back in a chair or take the jacket off incorrectly you end up with water down your back! :shock: :lol:

i dont ride very often with the fleece liner in just cause by the time you arrive at you destination you are covered in sweat! id prefer to be abit chilly than looking like ive just hoped out of a pool :lol:

the plus side is the double armor hard shell on the outside and soft foam on the inner, very comfortable, inner liner can be used as a seperate jacked for off bike, even though the camel back leaks it doesnt while riding and is great for them times when you really need a drink and cant be fucked stopping :lol:
hope this helps :kuda:
Mikey84

Postby Mikey84 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:39 pm

$185 is a great price! i paid $350 when i bought mine :kuda:
Mikey84

Postby jimbo1982 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi guys,

pretty new to road riding and looking for a good all round jacket and I like the look of this one.

I am a daily commuter in sydney by bike and am planning a road trip from Sydney to Perth in November. I really like the look of this as it seems a good all rounder and I like the Camel addition for the longer rides. My only thought is how good it will be if I go sliding down the highway at 100k on my butt??? Is it good on the drag test?
jimbo1982

Bike: Don't have one

Return to Riding Gear Discussion