Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Motorcycle Communication

Wed May 04, 2005 1:38 am

My dad and I go on a lot of rides together and with groups of motorbikes. We always say that it would be soo usefull if at least the leader and the person at teh back had cb radios for motorbikes so they could communicate on the go without having to stop, or rely on hand signals.

Does anyone know of what works well for this type of communication? We really dont want to spend muc more than about $400 all up. I hope somebody in here has some experience.

re: Motorcycle Communication

Wed May 04, 2005 8:27 am

Wait for the bluetooth technology, just months away, google it and have a look.
mark.

Wed May 04, 2005 12:09 pm

http://www.autocom.com.au/Autocom%20Products.htm

Wed May 04, 2005 12:42 pm

as Scotty said
or
baehr intercoms
http://www.challengermotors.co.nz/Web%2 ... celist.htm *
(http://www.baehronline.com/default.asp-worldwide site)
or
http://www.fox-com.com.au/

hth

* corrected previous incorrect link

cheers
Last edited by Smitty on Wed May 04, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2005 1:07 pm

some of the 40 channel radios work ok.

Wed May 04, 2005 1:18 pm

have you ever tried to "ride" with a comms device in yer ear. I have - hated it - will NEVER do it again.

the only thing i wanna hear while having a bit of a blast is my own heavy breathing/laughing/schpincter puckering etc :wink:

Re: re: Motorcycle Communication

Wed May 04, 2005 3:10 pm

Phil wrote:have you ever tried to "ride" with a comms device in yer ear. I have - hated it - will NEVER do it again.

the only thing i wanna hear while having a bit of a blast is my own heavy breathing/laughing/schpincter puckering etc :wink:

I have ridden with my mobile handsfree in my hear, and that wasnt too annoying. Not like i want to pipe music through. But it would be usefull on occasion to not have to pull over to decide what to eat, or where to stop, or which route we would like to take somewhere.

The Autocom site doesn't give prices, but at fox-com, the kit is $425 per rider wish is too much. Dad and I could just rig up something ourselves which is undesirable but makes mroe sense than spending $850

Does anyone else know of better options?

Wed May 04, 2005 3:12 pm

hand signals or regular stops... :lol:

Wed May 04, 2005 3:15 pm

Ment wrote:hand signals or regular stops... :lol:

knees down............. 8)

Wed May 04, 2005 3:39 pm

I know some guys that tried the little uhf handsets with vox headsets but it was too noisey inside the helmets to be able to use the vox properly.

Wed May 04, 2005 4:20 pm

That could make life difficault on ride outs, as I hear you all take it in turns to be the rear guard and corner moniters and such, so for it to work everyone would need one!!!!
Besides everyone takes their mobiles........................

Wed May 04, 2005 4:45 pm

Hey buddy, did you get that 9 finished?
If so, have you posted any pics.....I remember it being a big debate on the colour and what BLING to adorn it with??

Wed May 04, 2005 7:44 pm

mate..decide b4 u go, use hand signals if needed...guess we just got a system..follow the fuka out the front-he makes the decisions....then again we gotta stop every 30min for a ciggie neway...lol

Wed May 04, 2005 10:06 pm

You guys are not being very helpfull. I asked WHAT systems were good, not whether you thought I should get CB's for the bikes. I know you can plan all these things out, but sometimes its nice to just be able to communicate, even if the person i want to communicate wtih is just my pillion.

Oh, and the 9 is almost finished (still being painted) It has been treated to all sorts of extras, the last peice arrived in the post about a week ago. I wll definately post some pics up when it is ready, because I got soo much help from the guys on this forum.

Thu May 05, 2005 12:31 am

DjDante wrote:You guys are not being very helpfull. I asked WHAT systems were good, not whether you thought I should get CB's for the bikes. I know you can plan all these things out, but sometimes its nice to just be able to communicate, even if the person i want to communicate wtih is just my pillion.

Oh, and the 9 is almost finished (still being painted) It has been treated to all sorts of extras, the last peice arrived in the post about a week ago. I wll definately post some pics up when it is ready, because I got soo much help from the guys on this forum.

This is just our way of saying we dont know mate.

And bring on the bling bling 9!
Post a reply