Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Winter gloves

Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 am

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a pair of winter gloves.. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated thanks all...

Re: Winter gloves

Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 am

http://www.procycles.com.au/proddetail. ... 260771299x

have used these & anything above 10 Deg C & my hands start to sweat they are that good! & they are Totally waterproof 8)
Only drawback they are quite thick so using the controls is harder.

Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Bikegearwarehouse has the Joe Rocket Nitrogen Winter Gloves on sale till Friday 18th May.
$59 posted. usually $89 or Rec retail is usually $119. Haven't tried them myself, but the price is right.
Phone them on 1300 700 044

Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Dianese D-Dry 2 I think. Done me through 2 winters - perfect.

Tue May 15, 2012 6:22 pm

I have had good life, fit and comfort out of every pair of Alpine stars I have ever had. So my first thoughts would be to suggest a pair of those. Dianese are also a quality product, but, the D-Dry liner is nowhere near as good as a Goretex liner. So my first recommendation, would be regardless of what brand you end up with, get something with a Goretex liner. Not any copy of a Goretex liner, but a real Gore made Goretex liner. No matter what the salespeople or brochures say, there is still nothing on the planet that comes close to Goretex in terms of waterproofing and breathability. If you commute, you will love the gore liners as they reduce sweat dramatically. If you ride in very cold conditions, Goretex is completely windproof as well as waterproof. If you ride in climates where it varies and can warm up a lot for the afternoon commute, then you will love Goretex.

Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 pm

get heated hand grips and keep wearing the same gloves

Tue May 15, 2012 8:38 pm

harden up and wear the same gloves

Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 pm

dilligaf wrote:get heated hand grips and keep wearing the same gloves

+ 1 .... heated grips are like air-con in cages ....... once you've had it, you'll never go back .. :kuda:

Ballards in Penrith NSW ... p62 of their catalogue ..

Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 pm

winter gloves I found were too thick, I tried "inners" with standard gloves and found the same problem. Looking at getting a set of heated grips

Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 am

6maniac wrote:
dilligaf wrote:get heated hand grips and keep wearing the same gloves

+ 1 .... heated grips are like air-con in cages ....... once you've had it, you'll never go back .. :kuda:

Ballards in Penrith NSW ... p62 of their catalogue ..

Oh.. soooo soft :roll: :P

I have had issues with gloves that are too thick.. in the interim i got some thinsulate gloves and wore them under regular gloves.
(That was 4 years ago, I must get around to getting some winter gloves) Great thread 8)

Wed May 16, 2012 5:46 pm

I bought dainese whatever they are last year and they are awesome

Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Ditto with Glen... They are not thick and bulky and toasty warm

Wed May 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Ive got Rjays, they are warm and a little thick but not too thick.
Not that expensive either.
A cold Winters morning where i live is in the low Minus's.

Hope that helps. :kuda:

Thu May 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Do what I did yesterday going up the mountain..............stop by the petrol station and ask for a free plastic bag........stick that it in your glove.

I love my freebes :D

Winter gloves

Thu May 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks to all who have given advice much appreciated :) I decided to get the dianese d dry.. The cost of goretex was a little to high for the amount of cold weather riding I do tight arse I know... And as for heated hand grips that's just a wank no thanks... Haha thanks all for your input...
Post a reply