Hi just wandering with a quick shift zx10r 12

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

Re: Hi just wandering with a quick shift zx10r 12

Postby MAXUMIS » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 am

Maccarocks wrote:Hey Maximus...

I did check into the adjustability of the QS before I went for the Annitori.. and found that 'yes' on some others you can get in there and adjust the 'kill' time for each gear... Now remember that none of us are anywhere near Casey, Lorenzo and the like.. so adjusting the 'kill' time 5 ms or 10ms (and that is milliseconds) I seriously dont think we are going to notice it for the extra money you pay.

So the Annitori is set at 60 milliseconds for each change... it works perfectly on the road bike around the town, getting away from the lights is like slicing a hot knife through butter (or margarine!!) it work fine at 3 - 4ooorpm easy, and on the track when the bike is screaming at higher revs it feels even better... I am definitely much faster on the track using the QS... but if you have the dollars to spend, go for the more expensive one.. I am just saying in my opinion, my experience with it and for the money I spent, I love the Annitori... ;)

Macca :kuda:

Hi Macca..
Thanks for the info mate,It looks like the way to go.I have my PC QS set at 60 milliseconds and would not be game enough to go any further as i like my gearbox. :oops: But i am running the origunal shift pattern , its more than enough for me. 8)
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R
State: New South Wales

Re: Hi just wandering with a quick shift zx10r 12

Postby holdontight » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Just fitted the Annitori q/shifter to my new 2012 10r. Love it. bit clunky around if you shift below 5g but if your pulling gears that low why not just use the cluch. You can notice the kill on the down change but it is nothing to worry about. I didn't have to change the way I down changed just can hear it cut for a milli second.
The biggest problem with it was how much of the bike you have to pull apart to fit the thing. Not a Annitori problem but a Kawasaki problen. You have to start at the back of the bike to get to the front :? .

There is a new model coming out in feb 2013 but if you get onto http://superbikesource.com.au/ he has a limited suply of the new model in stock now as pre orders. There only $20 over the price of the current model.
I love my new ZX10. It scares the shit out of me.
holdontight
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Previous

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion