ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc
Post a reply

slip on exhaust

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Heard so many people say.."don't put slip on exhaust" ...it will mess with your bikes performance...got Gen3 zx10r 2010..what are your thoughts? can l simply remove original pipe and replace with slip on? somone told me cuase the zx10r is equipped with a exhaust device system cables which controls the valve in the exhaust pipe and is controlled by ECU, disconneting these cables is a no no. Any advice would be appreciated. cheers :kuda:

slip on exhaust

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 pm

Geez I am interested in your mates say you can do to a bike.

A slip on won't improve performance but won't harm your bike.

The servo cables your taking about are in your expansion box below where a slip on connects, so they won't be upset by anything.

If choose to go with a link pipe then you will need to disconnect them, but that does no harm either.

Stopping worrying and get modding ;)

Re: slip on exhaust

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 pm

iamwithstupid.gif
2010's as luck would have it you can remove the servo cables via DE CATing the bike for the 3/4 pipe fitment and as long as you don't fuk up the servo by forcing it IE: trying to turn it against the internal motor.
you don't need a servo eliminator, it just does its own thing without the cables attached.
but refit the o2 sensor. my 2012 is running in this format right now without ill affect, mid range is improved quiet a bit.
mates 2012 has had the pcv fitted and partialy tuned and the mid range is improved a butt load.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Yeah mine are gone and i have a slip on......i noticed take off aint as quick but more mid range punch aswell ......loves the start of the green section even more

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm

I couldn't get rid of that oem muffler fast enough!(big ugly thing).... :lol: :lol: . Remove cables & muffler then chuck on a new can. :kuda:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 am

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. Just thought i would share some info i have just got a 2012 10R and have gone with the Akro and link pipe extension.
If your looking to do this your self you can get the full instructions from their web site telling you how to handle the Servo etc so it is no problem whatsoever and even if you dont go Akro sus it out as it will help with whatever you end up with.

Also food for though Kawasaki in there race kit supplement are recommending Leo Vince exhausts ... interesting and they are cheaper than the akro.

Here is the link for the install guide.

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapovicb ... 98d062.pdf

Shannon
Post a reply