ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc
Post a reply

Radguard?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Well my Radiator is starting to look a bit used so looking at this : ( http://www.radguard.com.au/kawasaki-zx1 ... tor-guard/ ) for some insurance when i ride out in the sticks, had an R&G on my Speed Triple but wasn't too impressed with its' fit on to the Radiator, any of you guys have experience with Radguard? It looks fairly good from the video.
Cheers, Kel
Attachments
phpx5ARZCPM.jpg
phpx5ARZCPM.jpg (106.53 KiB) Viewed 6942 times

Re: Radguard?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Ponti use to make some

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm

I had radguard on the 6, quality is good but fiddly in terms of getting the bolt brackets to line up & you had to shave lower inner fairing to fit. The shaving part is not applicable on the 11+ zx10r.

Its a worthy investment, there are other brands like R&G, evotech or if you want to go cheap you can buy the mesh from stoopidcheap; cut, bend to shape and fit with zip ties.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks guys, couldn't wait :oops: just ordered black guard...the blackout continues :D , hopefully it's all good, their vid instructions looked straight forward, not good to hear Blackster about having to shave the fairing to make it fit, hopefully they have it sorted now.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

I also looked at the 'Radguards', but they are a bit too 'chunky' for me.. So I went for the 'Cox' radiator guards.. very light and looks great. Fit is perfect and I have installed these on many other brands of bikes that I have built up. Perfect.

I have them on both my race bike and road bike, they needed a little bit of modification for the 2011 ZX10, but it made it easier to fit and remove if required. The KTM also fitted perfectly...

Excellent addition for both road and definitely for track / race bikes... ;)

Macca :kuda:
Attachments
90_(2).jpg
Cox Radiator Guard
90_(2).jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
PIC_0013_(2).jpg
Cox fitted to KTM RC8
PIC_0013_(2).jpg (68.61 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
92.jpg
Cox fitted to ZX10R
92.jpg (51.22 KiB) Viewed 6920 times

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Aren't Radguard a KSRC sponsor? We have them on both our road bikes and are happy with them.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:44 pm

From our sponsors page..

Ozzie Moto - Radiator protectors and other accessories - Ozziemoto has kindly offered all KSRC members a 10 % discount on there products..
http://www.ozziemoto.com.au/

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Oops, guess not. :oops:

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Fitted a Radguard to a mates 03 ZX9r. Needed considerable grinding of the factory horn bracket to get it to fit. Pain in the cock for a supposed 'bolt on'. :x

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 pm

its the Hoff Guard 3000 !!!! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18093&hilit=hoff+guard

Can get a couple or possibly 3 bikes done for about $10 each :)

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 pm

MadKaw wrote:From our sponsors page..

Ozzie Moto - Radiator protectors and other accessories - Ozziemoto has kindly offered all KSRC members a 10 % discount on there products..

The page you requested was removed.

Our website does not think you are a real person

Like most websites we receive a lot of traffic from web robots. A web robot is a piece of software that automatically crawls through websites and sometimes performs actions that are undesirable. Unfortunately, you have triggered an alert in our system that has caused us to restrict traffic from your IP address.

To have this restriction removed contact us on 1800 981 442 and let us know your IP address which is 202.***

Alternatively, please sent us an email containing this IP address to "support @ thewebshowroom.com.au".

Nelso wrote:Oops, guess not. :oops:
X2

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 pm

blackster wrote:
MadKaw wrote:From our sponsors page..

The page you requested was removed.

Our website does not think you are a real person

Like most websites we receive a lot of traffic from web robots. A web robot is a piece of software that automatically crawls through websites and sometimes performs actions that are undesirable. Unfortunately, you have triggered an alert in our system that has caused us to restrict traffic from your IP address.

To have this restriction removed contact us on 1800 981 442 and let us know your IP address which is 202.***

Alternatively, please sent us an email containing this IP address to "support @ thewebshowroom.com.au".

Nelso wrote:Oops, guess not. :oops:
X2

Works for me...
Haven't heard from them for a while so no idea if there still around and offering a discount..

They even have a pick of John Phelan on there with our sticker..
http://www.ozziemoto.com.au/racers-using-protector/
Attachments
ozzie.JPG
ozzie.JPG (67.21 KiB) Viewed 6875 times

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Got a Radguard on the ZRX. No dramas at all. Not cheap but I'm happy

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:34 pm

My oops was about me mentioning Radguard as a sponsor and an opposing company actually being the sponsor. The link worked fine for me.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Nelso wrote:My oops was about me mentioning Radguard as a sponsor and an opposing company actually being the sponsor. The link worked fine for me.

Yes u are evil and for punishment you must drink 6 cans of jimmi
Post a reply