Switch to full style
ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc
Post a reply

HATT??

Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 am

How about another tyre thread!Hi all,confusing as it is when it comes to buying tyres these days,I have narrowed it down to pilot power 3or Metz m5 for my crim.but also also I am wondering if I anyone is using a 180/55 or 190/55 rear on a 10r.i know it's supposed to make it faster on tip in etc,but would I notice any difference being a fairly average rider.??

Re: HATT??

Thu May 23, 2013 7:55 am

I run both on my old Crim, although back then the Metzeler was an M3 and the Power was a 2CT. Both were great when they were new but I thought the Michelins felt better all the way to the end. Once the Metzelers got about half worn the front felt pretty ordinary.

Youll find a million different opinions on tyres though. given the quality of rubber these days there really is nothing thats bad, its just personal preference and wear and how much you have to spend that matters.

Stick to the standard size. Kawasaki probably spent a few million working out what size tyre works best so I'd back them. Crims tip in pretty quick anyway.

Good luck with it.

Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 am

I'm a Michelin man.
Blurr has the pilot power 3's so he will be here shortly

Thu May 23, 2013 6:30 pm

If u are a fairly average rider just use a pilot road 2 .3 or a roadsmart u would be surprised how grippy they are plus they will last way longer.

Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Wattie wrote:......I'm a Michelin man......

time to give up those deep-fried Mars Bars then ya boom-bah !!

:lol:

Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
Wattie wrote:......I'm a Michelin man......

time to give up those deep-fried Mars Bars then ya boom-bah !!

:lol:

But I like Michelins!

Thu May 23, 2013 7:47 pm

mmmm nom nom nom

:kuda:

Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Yep I rate the PP3's. Good grip at a decent pace and a noticeable lack of the pilot power trademark squishy feeling mid corner and corner exit

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 am

I just put the Bridgey S20's on mine and love them. I had PP2's a few years back which I liked but I have found these ones to be well above. Edge feel and wet riding are really good so far.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Stick with the 190 on the rear.
Post a reply