Switch to full style
ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200
Post a reply

Completely gutted

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:46 am

Hey guys my name is Steven I bougt a Kawasaki zzr250 about a month ago and I had to completely strip the bike to it's bare frame because the piston in the motor was hitting the head (this is my first bike plus I have Noe idea wat I was doing I'm jst a apprentice spray painter) anyways because of that problem I needed to get the motor out and a new motor to be put in everything has been beautiful so far but I'm pretty stumped on the eletrical side also wat kind of oil do I put for the motor and the gearbox , wat tyres do I put on the bike ...

Re: Completely gutted

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi mate...

Can some of you ksrcians with two fiddies lead this young man in the right direction :kuda:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Well .... as you have it back to bare frame (and you're an apprentice spray painter) I'd be prepping the frame for a re-spray. Did you have a particular colour in mind ?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:44 pm

do you have any particular electrical questions?

Tyres and Oil, that's easy...

OIL: Motul 5100 10W40
Tyres: BT45
Welcome To KSRC :kuda:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Welcome aboard!

Why abouts are you located? There may be someone nearby who would be willing to help out.

A workshop manual is very handy for doing electrics - following the wiring diagrams.

fiche.ronayers.com is a great site for looking at how the parts go together and getting part numbers as well.

Good luck - looking forward to seeing pics on completion :D
Post a reply