ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200
Post a reply

ZZR 600 steering

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:23 pm

Okay, I had to have a go on the new bike. :oops:
However, I don't think all is right with it. When you lean it into a corner at low speed - I've only been 'round the block and then took it for it's rego check - the front feels like it wants to tuck under. It actually pulls on the handlebars and tries to turn itself in. It does it in both directions. Is this normal? ie just a thing that little GPX's don't do? Or is there something wrong with the geometry? Should I take it out again and try it at higher speed?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:26 pm

seems pretty normal to me, its more noticeable at lower speeds though. when i changed my front tyre on my rf i scared the crap outta myself as the tipin was stronger than id ever had it before.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:35 pm

May well be the weight factor Daisy as the ZZR600 will wiegh a shitload more than the GPX ever could. Try let someone else ride it perhaps and see if they feel the same about it.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Cheers guys.
We took it for a run and it's ok at normal speed. *phew*
Only went about 40 kays and everything else seems in order, except the speedo cable fell off. :roll: You think you've checked everything and the one thing you missed... Anyway it had only unscrewed itself at the top.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Have you checked the tyre pressure? Could be low in the front. :?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:27 pm

bonester wrote:Have you checked the tyre pressure? Could be low in the front. :?

Give that man a cigar. :wink:

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:35 pm

Doez he smoke?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:44 pm

It's pretty tyre dependent on the ZZR600, too. Some tyres do it, others don't.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Got a Dunlop on it. It had one on the back too, but that one wasn't going to pass rego, so I bought a Metzeler. You should have seen his face light up when he saw that. The front only has a few weekends left in it, but it passed the inspection.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:06 am

+ another one for front tyre pressure.

My bullet feels... (insert technical term) joos not roit and I had cornering "issues"when the front tyre pressure is down... amazing the diff when ya have the right air in em :P .

Just gotta remember to keep checking it. :(

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:00 am

Daisy wrote:...except the speedo cable fell off. :roll: You think you've checked everything and the one thing you missed... Anyway it had only unscrewed itself at the top.

IIRC, that's one of the few threads that the GPX250 manual says to use threadlocking compound on.
Post a reply