ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200
Post a reply

Would I be happy with a ZZR 600?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:20 pm

Guys (unisex)

would I be happy riding a ZZR 600 or should I just save up for a year longer for a old ZXR 7 ?????

Considering the old beast that I have now, will the 600 keep me amused for a year or so?

cheers

re: Would I be happy with a ZZR 600?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:22 pm

well it'll be 1) lighter b) more of a screamer III)similar in seating position.

magic 8 ball answers "maybe".

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:24 pm

the zzr 600 is a bloody good bike and comfy too.......
I sometimes wish I'd still got mine (esp. when the 9 decides to go in the opposite direction to where I wanna go :shock: )

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:29 pm

i have to agree on the comfy thing, and thats from just spending 5 minutes on one in the showroom. If i had the kitty i woulda ridden it out of there.

Also think this way, bikes have a more torsionally rigid chassis nowdays than the mighty old gpz900 and would be exponentially better and can go a hell of a lot harder. so if your starting to scrape bits on the 900, then a zzr600 would be keeping you busy for long enough ;-)

(at least thats what i've been told by people that've had a few old clunkers and a few newies)

Re: Would I be happy with a ZZR 600?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:32 pm

tape wrote:Guys (unisex)

would I be happy riding a ZZR 600 or should I just save up for a year longer for a old ZXR 7 ?????

Considering the old beast that I have now, will the 600 keep me amused for a year or so?

cheers

don't ask me mate i couldn't decide between them so I've got both. I commute on the zzr600 its very bloody comfortable (i had the rock hard kwaka seat redone by Ergo seats in Brissie). The zx7r is awesome for going sic :roll: and is surprisingly comfortable for long runs (Brissie to PI and back).
In terms of handling, power and brakes the 7 leaves the zzr600 for dead but i wouldn't want to commute on it (too heavy, not good vis and too fast).
Sean

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:59 pm

Mick
re
the ZZR
compared to the mighty GPz
it probably has about the same or maybe a bit less power
It will be better in the corners (better chassis and tyres)
and probably stop a lot better too
comfort...? 50/50

my comments having ridden ZZR's and digging back into the
grey matter for thoughts from the last time I rode a GPz
(bout 15 year ago :lol: )

see if you can test ride one, you might be surprised
just how good they are .....
and easier on the purse than a 7r...

ciao

Re: re: Would I be happy with a ZZR 600?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:45 pm

Rossi wrote:esp. when the 9 decides to go in the opposite direction to where I wanna go :shock: )

Do they do that? :wink:

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:16 pm

Go for the ZZR 600 Mick!!! It is the best purchase I have ever made, has plenty of power and a comfortable riding position.

I promise, you won't look back (and yes, I am also biased!)

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:36 pm

Colettezzr600 wrote:Go for the ZZR 600 Mick!!! It is the best purchase I have ever made, has plenty of power and a comfortable riding position.

I promise, you won't look back (and yes, I am also biased!)

Yeah, what she said 8)

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 pm

then get a 4 into 1 exhaust on it.. i hear it gives it abit more power..

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Dan wrote:then get a 4 into 1 exhaust on it.. i hear it gives it abit more power..

The ZZR looks a tad bizarre one-sided. It's almost like they never thought it could be done, and the plastic work/swing-arm combo is way ugly on the naked side. :roll:

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:21 pm

saw a ZZR1100 with the same hindle set up as Ron's..

They had a nice big Hindle sticker on the swing arm on the naked side..
looked ok imo.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:58 pm

Mick the ZZR6 is a pretty Good bit of kit Mate ... snatch it n run like a barstage :wink:
Cheers Brett

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:49 am

I tested heaps of bikes before deciding on my zzr600. Comfy on the 5-6 hr rides. Pleanty of go... great out of the corners and excellent acceleration. The insurance is a lot less then bigger bikes and they look sexy.

Yes. I'm biased too.
:)

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 am

Z750!!
Post a reply