ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200
Post a reply

Tail light not working

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Gday all another issue.
My rear tail light isn't working.
The brake element works fine.. buzzed out the tail element and that is a closed circuit.
Stripped the bike down to trace the wires. i found heaps of damaged wire. so repaired n traced. the tail light wire comes from the module under the key lock. I pulled the cap off the bottom n checked the solder joins they seemed fine and clean.
The module seems to have signs of overheating. as in melted plastics... i dont have a manual, is there anything else i can look at also.
Has anyone had this problem.

Cheers Dan

Re: Tail light not working

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Globe? :lol:

A lovely bloke in blue brought to my attention my tail light was out.. upon starting the bike again it came on..no problem, but i got a warning anyway :roll: .. traced it back to the ignition switch. .. Must get around to fixing it :oops:

Yours sounds like wiring, get it tested..

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:48 pm

If you have a multimeter, check volts at the lamp socket ; if ok, then...

substitute a known working bulb for your original ...

If it still doesn't work, check the switch.

If no joy, consult an expert ....

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:19 pm

na the globe is fine..

i got 3 n all dont work on tail.but they have continuity through the element. there is no voltage at the socket.. the wiring has continuity all the way back to the ignition switch n there is 0.2volts there so im guessin that its knackered.
i had a look to see if it would open up but not sure how. i got the ignition switch off the handlebars. I pulled the inspection cap off n the solder joins look fine. but the internal contacts maybe farked. ya reckon i could spray silicon spray up in it.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Hey Dan I'm in Sunbury and have seen your 4b around....you may have seen mine.
If you need a chop out with anyfink zzr call me 0488443101

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Slow and wobbly wrote:Hey Dan I'm in Sunbury and have seen your 4b around....you may have seen mine.
If you need a chop out with anyfink zzr call me 0488443101

yeah sweet as wobbles.what truck you got mate.
Yeah may need a hand on a few things.. pretty new to it all mate so learning all i can about bikes.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 pm

It,s a .......aherm......navara.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Slow and wobbly wrote:It,s a .......aherm......navara.

hahahha thats okay mate atleast its a nissan lol. well if ya around this weekend i'll give ya a call n ride over to yours mate. still waiting to pick up a couple of parts.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Going to heathcote sat with the 9. Back on sun arvo.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Going to heathcote sat with the 9. Back on sun arvo.
Post a reply