1988 gpx info please

All GPx and GPz Models

1988 gpx info please

Postby rh1an5 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:54 pm

hi guys, i just purcjased a 1988 gpx250r-II of my mate (hes upgraded to a o7 ninja 600cc)

anyway having a bit of a hard time finding much info on the internet, basicly im trying to track down some kind of service manual ( it need new fork seals, cush rubbers and the brakes bleed).

also it has twin discs on the front, i haven't seen any other gpx250's with this, was it a option? or a posiiible modification that has been done?

so any help would be great, basicly websites , i nof anything you can throw my way.

cheers
rh1an5

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Re: 1988 gpx info please

Postby dave#3 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:42 pm

The twin disks were stock on some overseas models. I don't think the GPX250R-II was ever brought to Australia new so your's is likely to be one of these overseas models, also known as a grey import.

I'm sure somebody will be along shortly with a link to the manual for you.

Why don't you also post up an introduction thread and update your profile with your location.
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby Valheru70 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:11 am

Yep will PM you a link shortly.

you need base model GPZ250 manual and the GPX supplement.

Valheru70
Valheru70
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Western Australia

Postby rh1an5 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:52 pm

thansk guys the manuals are great, a few things i need help with thought.

a decent parts supplier on the gold coast, or even the internet.

and whilst i am fairly mechanically minded ( i can replace engines on cars etc) a decent bike mechanic would also be great if you can recoemnd oen in the area, looks like i need a new rear shock and the fork seal's done asap, and not sure if im to keen to do it myself.

cheers
rh1an5

Postby mick_dundee » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:28 pm

http://www.findapart.com.au for the bits and pieces you need and i'm sure someone around the GC can lead you to a decent spanner bloke, might be worthwhile checking out our sponsors page and see if there is anyone there from Brisvegas or the GC.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby rh1an5 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:51 am

wow findapart is an awesome sight, approx 10 replies in 2 days, most with straight up prices (a few call us for help kind of thig as well).

turns out my mate i purchased the bike from isn't to great in the maintenance department, i think it needs some oil = it needs a litre of oil, and coolant we all know should be green not brown!

in his defence he did get the motor replaced mid last year and has done very few km's since. im guessing the coolant colour is just a side effect of the motor sitting at a wreckers somewhere, same thing happened to an old car i had the motor replaced on until , took a few flushes to get the coolant staying green.

going to attempt a oil change and coolant flush today, wish me luck
rh1an5

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion