Aftermarket Fuel Gauge and service Manual

All GPx and GPz Models

Aftermarket Fuel Gauge and service Manual

Postby charlie79 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:51 pm

G'day all

How is everyone?
I have a 2000 model gpx250 very fine bike love it lots (after my wife and child of course) great run about bike, well anyways I was wondering if it is possible to install a fuel gauge on the bike as my mates and I are planning a road trip next year and since they have more money then me theirs bikes are bigger and have fuel gauges, I know I won't use as much fuel as they would per km but would be nice any way to have one, and I am after service manual too.

All have a good day. :twisted:
charlie79

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Re: Aftermarket Fuel Gauge and service Manual

Postby Strika » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Most technical book shops can sell you a Haines Manual, which is a generic version of the workshop manual. Some say they are crap, I have always found they are simple and logical!

As far as a fuel gauge go's, I have heard this question asked before and thus far havn't seen a simple and cheap solution. My best advice is to fill up your tank, ride for 100klms at the speed limit then refill and measure how much you used, then use the Haines manual to tell you how many litres your fuel tank has and then calculate it's range! Then repeat process on a key in brain out 100 klm stretch and measure the same. It will tell you max and min expected ranges. From memory, you will be looking for a fuel station around the 170klm mark! ;)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Re: Aftermarket Fuel Gauge and service Manual

Postby Valheru70 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi,
I have the GPX 88 and on Supplement and the GPZ 86 and 87 base manual on PDF if you want them. I don't know if the 2000 model is any different with the GPX of earlier years.

let me know and I will send you a link to download from.

Valheru70
Valheru70
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: Western Australia

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion