Stone replica on ebay

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Stone replica on ebay

Postby zzzak » Sun May 11, 2008 9:13 am

Kawasaki Z1a totally rebuilt using ALL genuine parts including exhaust pipes, guards, motor internals etc. Registered full NSW (till Jan 2009) with ORIGINAL movie rego number. (check it out) This bike has ORIGINAL fibreglass stone fairing, even down to the mirror is off the movie bike. Paint restored by definatly Australias best airbrush artist. Spent a truck load of money, spared nothing. ALSO catch this, comes with big collection of Stone memoribilia including the POLICE car light from the cemetry scene. 2 Gravedigger colours and more. NOT to mention a load of Z1 spartes, ALL to go in one hit. 3 hours north of Sydney will trade.

Linky.
zzzak
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Re: Stone replica on ebay

Postby Gosling1 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:55 pm

.... with ORIGINAL movie rego number. (check it out)....

I did - its not an original movie rego number. :lol:

All the Stone bikes (16 in total), were pre-delivered and registered within 2 days of one another, before being delivered by the Kawasaki importer directly to Sandy Harbutt.

The 'Stone' rego numbers were in these ranges.....

ID913, ID914, ID893, IF764, IF765. Those are the ones I have identified tonight. Nothing in the IA range as on the pictured bike. The IA range would have been through DoT rego procedures some time before the ID and IF ranges.

Apart from that, the bike looks like a very good replica. Those early 'Stone' bikini fairings are quite a bit different to the common bikini fairing often sold these days as a 'Stone' fairing..... :roll: - with the correct fairing, the only handlebars that can be used are the dead straight style, no rise at all. I have one of these fairings fitted to my Z1A. It is an original 1975 aftermarket bikini fairing, identical to the ones in the movie (the Z1A even has the straight bars fitted).

The bike would be worth a few bob, and the paraphenalia from the movie would be worth a lot as well........but 18large ?? I guess if you had the money, no worries. I wonder how the builder managed to find some new original exhaust pipes ? These have been NLA (no longer available) from Kawasaki for the better part of 25 years.........I bet they have Z900A4 stamped into them ;)

A very nice looking replica. Very nice indeed.....

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion