All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's
Post a reply

Re: Come from the shadows - the Shadowfax restoration.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:07 pm

I was rapt mate ! It was sitting at Pete's place in a shed for 8 years then out at Mark's farm in a dirty barn for the last 13 years !!! Filthy dirty - but clean inside :kuda:

It needs only slight modding to fit the ZX1100 frame...... :twisted:

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:33 am

Sweet! :kuda:

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 am

Man I can't imagine anyone hotting up a GS850- overweight slug they were. Nice to ride but SHIT handling. I had a real big moment on a mates one years ago, at relatively low speed. :shock:

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm

this one was pretty good from memory - I think he had done some bracing up around the steering head ? It did have different shocks on the back as well for the Bathurst run - S&W Street Strokers - remember them ?? :lol: :lol: ducks guts back in the day...... :kuda:

Sat May 19, 2012 1:58 pm

The big G in action.... :kuda:

Sat May 19, 2012 2:26 pm

:kuda: nice vid !

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 pm

OK punters - time to get down to the newsagent and buy the latest copy of Used & Classic Bike Enthusiast. It is the winter 2012 edition, and has an RG500 Gamma on the front cover......

Page 64 - there is a great story about the racing that took place at the recent Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at EC......

amongst all the great photos are a picture of an immaculate Shadowfax in the bike show on Sunday, and also a pair of slightly-less immaculate punters holding some trophies from said bike show !! :lol:

UCBE are heading down here this weekend to get some good pics of the 'Fax - these will be used as part of a full article on the bike which will hopefully appear inside the next couple of issues........looking forward to that. ! :kuda: Time to break out the spit'n'polish tomorrow morning so the bike is all shiny for the photos on Sunday.

8)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 pm

looking fwd to the article

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:23 pm

well if it was up to Phil - the article could fill an entire issue ! :lol:

Had a great day today with the photographer - Jason, he was the same dude who did the photoshoot on my mates Macintosh Suzuki back in issue #4 - Spring 2011.

Over the best part of 4 hours today, the 'Fax was photographed from every angle - and also a couple of nude shots :shock: :lol: - just some close-ups of the excellent frame bracing done many years ago.

We did the photos up at mum'n'dads place, as they are away at the moment so the caravan car-port made a great studio :D Phil bought his missus down, this was the first time she has seen the bike in the flesh.....very impressed.

Not sure which issue the story will appear in - apparently Jeff has a heap of bikes to feature in upcoming issues, some of these are detailed in the latest issue of UCBE.

8)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Sweet! Cant wait to see it!!!! ;)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 pm

What a great day this was. Such a pleasure to watch a really good photographer at work. A HUGE thanks top Dave for prepping the bike, delivering it and taking it back home again. We had a blast today. The video a couple of posts up was taken by my good friend, Chris Bartle who was flag marshalling on T2 at the Creek on the Saturday. Though I am sure lots of people took videos, this is the only one that I have seen.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 am

Here's a "teaser"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 94a1a4f6c1

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:40 am

And here's the link to the photo shoot behind the photo shoot..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... d6ca5450f9

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 am

BREAKING NEWS!!! This month's edition of Old Bike Asutralasia has a half=page spread on the 'Fax and issue #75 of Rabid Bikes magazine (due in the shops this morning) has a full article. :)

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

fezzick wrote:BREAKING NEWS!!! This month's edition of Old Bike Asutralasia has a half=page spread on the 'Fax and issue #75 of Rabid Bikes magazine (due in the shops this morning) has a full article. :)

Isnt there also a feature in the next issue of Used and Classic Bike Enthusiast?
Post a reply