It will be going by Xmas !!

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Re: It will be going by Xmas !!

Postby the kid » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:13 am

A few inspiration pics for you Gos . This is the bike I told you I saw .
Attachments
IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
IMG_2759.jpg
IMG_2759.jpg (52.4 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
IMG_2761.jpg
IMG_2761.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 6327 times
Ummmm let me see
the kid
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm

the kid wrote:.....Got any pics of the middle barrel starting to lock up ?? :lol:...

harsh very harsh !!! :lol: :lol: jet 'em right and its all good

*crosses fingers *
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:52 pm

the kid wrote:A few inspiration pics for you Gos . This is the bike I told you I saw .

:shock:

I think I saw some pictures of this *exact* same bike on one of the US triple sites ?? I have been haunting them for info over the past few weeks - got some great stuff they have !!! H2R manuals and everything :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So this H2R replica is up in Sydney ? I wonder if this belongs to TZ500 ?? He sold a heap of H2R parts only a few weeks ago, I was just a few days late onto the forums to see his For Sale post, but probably would not have been able to afford the shit anyway......1 dry clutch would have done me !! :lol:

I should really take a photo of some of the spares I re-discovered over the weekend......about 6 cylinder heads, full set of barrels in good nick, 1 set of cases with gear-cluster intact, a box with about another 4 gear-clusters :shock: , couple of clutch baskets, another complete CDI system YAY !! ( these things alone, in the US - go for upwards of $1800 just for the CDI control units.......WTF ?)

Mounted up the tacho last night, geez I love checkerplate, its so easy to work...... :lol: . But have lost some of the fittings off 1 of the choke cables !! Stuffed if I know where these could be.....

I wish old mate with that H2R would get it out on the racetrack !! It looks pretty class-legal from those photos....

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby mike-s » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:15 pm

So i am guessing you went on a parts collection frenzy about 20 or so years ago?
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Postby Jonno » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 pm

this will be a new dimension I think, "over dimension" oh :)

For those that don't know. this small HP number converts into insane being a 2 smoker :twisted:

A 12R comes close by a little bit :twisted:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:33 pm

mike-s wrote:.....So i am guessing you went on a parts collection frenzy about 20 or so years ago?......

When I bought this bike in 1981, it came with a heap of spares, as most race-bikes do. 4 sets of exhaust pipes, spare cases, barrels, heads, ignition units - all the important stuff. Only 1 frame and swingarm, and 1 set of bodywork. 1 set of stock 30mm carbies - I wish the 38mm jobbies had come with it !!! :shock:

Then, in about 1986? I went to Sydney after seeing an ad in one of the bike mags - and picked up boxes of OEM parts - gearbox selector shafts, OEM footpegs and rubbers, clutch parts - about 4 big boxes full of OEM parts, most of them in their factory wrapping. All this stuff is still stored in the 4th. When I get another stock frame and some other bits, one day I'll bung a stock one together......will need the superannuation payout to get a set of OEM pipes though !!! :lol:

[quote=jono"]...For those that don't know. this small HP number converts into insane being a 2 smoker...[/quote]

I am actually getting a bit excited about the prospect of riding this baby again !! Although riding the barge has probably been a good apprenticeship .... ;)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Jonno » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 pm

[quote=jono"]...For those that don't know. this small HP number converts into insane being a 2 smoker...[/quote]

I am actually getting a bit excited about the prospect of riding this baby again !! Although riding the barge has probably been a good apprenticeship .... ;)[/quote]

Giggles gleeful\ly :
hmmmm, best let me whore it :twisted:
And I will find the sweet spot.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby greenman43 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Gosling1 wrote: I think I saw some pictures of this *exact* same bike on one of the US triple sites ?? ...

I wish old mate with that H2R would get it out on the racetrack !! It looks pretty class-legal from those photos....

No idea which magazine, but in recent-ish years I recall an article where Neville Doyle was restoring a collection of old TKA racebikes - think they may have been Gregg Hansford's. That first pic really looks familiar, IIRC the shots were taken in his driveway somewhere in NW Sydney.

Cheers,
Brian
07 ZX10R track 09 ZX6R road/track 93 ZXR750 race 89 GPZ900 project
Do not walk behind me, for I may not be leading
Do not walk in front of me, for I may not be following
Do not walk alongside me, for the path may be narrow
Just piss off and leave me alone
greenman43
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R

Postby greenman43 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:28 am

greenman43 wrote:No idea which magazine, but in recent-ish years I recall an article where Neville Doyle was restoring a collection of old TKA racebikes - think they may have been Gregg Hansford's. That first pic really looks familiar, IIRC the shots were taken in his driveway somewhere in NW Sydney.

My memory is clearly starting fall to bits ; had a "Eureka !" moment and realised I'd seen it the the Ian Falloon 'Kawasaki Rcers' book. There's a pic of what looks to be the same bike on pg 183, noting it to be 'as restored by Neville Doyle'.

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by greenman43 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenman43
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:17 pm

cheers Brian :kuda: - I better get a copy of that book......thought I had one, but apparently not..... :?

that is a very nicely presented bike, no doubt about it........

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby greenman43 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Definitely one for the collection, a great book despite being written by a ... fan of other brands (I had something offensive to add, but the lack of a strikethrough formatting tool stopped me ...

Cheers,
Brian
greenman43
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby IsleofNinja » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Holy snapping duck shit batman!!!

Last time I saw one of these babies it has a somewhat shorter wheelbase and a very radical rake angle :roll: :shock:
The donor motor later went into an offroad buggy (Muuuuchhh earlier more primitive version of a sidewinder) was still a machine only the the very brave or very stupid!!

I rode the thing a few weeks prior to it's little ... errr sudden stop ..... and yeah well let's say I was a lot more daring back then :lol:

The RZ5 V4 I owned a few years later may have went like a cut snake but never really impressed in the outright acceleration department quite as much as the 750 triple!!

Have a pair of 38mm TMX Mikkies if you want them Gos - Just need the 3rd obviously which are fairly easy to source IMO .. come with the good (angled) pod filters etc... PM me if your interested mate ;)
06 ZX10r , 95 ZX9r
97 GSF1200 project streetfighter
07 FXST

EXPERIENCE:ex_spear_ee_anse :noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.
IsleofNinja
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Western Australia

Postby MickLC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 am

So hoping this is going for the 28th, it's going to be two-smoking heaven up at Marulan :kuda:
'13 Z1000, '76 Z650+,'91 KLR250, '95 ZX6R Racebike
MickLC
Team Crim

Bike: Z1000

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 am

IsleofNinja wrote:.....Have a pair of 38mm TMX Mikkies if you want them Gos - Just need the 3rd obviously which are fairly easy to source IMO .. come with the good (angled) pod filters etc... PM me if your interested mate ;)....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

cheers Matt !!!! pm on the way mate........I think I can get a 3rd from Ian Williams in SA, or maybe even the triple shop up in Cairns ??

38mm ......*gulp*..... :twisted: :twisted:

Mick - things looking better every day - I will get PC over next weekend to help me drop the motor out for that little job, and that *should* be all it needs......

The biggest problem at the moment of course is - I keep gravitating back to *THAT* triple clamp, and start rooting around on the hybrid !!!! :lol: :lol: That clamp is only 10mm narrower overall - 5mm per side - than the one I wanted built up.....so with a slight reduction in width for the rotor mounts.....It will actually be a bolt-up proposition !!! :kuda:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby MickLC » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:36 am

I knew I should've confiscated that triple clamp until after Marulan but you were so excited when you got it :lol:
'13 Z1000, '76 Z650+,'91 KLR250, '95 ZX6R Racebike
MickLC
Team Crim

Bike: Z1000

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion