All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's
Post a reply

Re: Dub's GPz750

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:32 pm

very nice dubs there a nice bike is it a b1? and are you going to retro it and update the handleing with a zrx front end and rear?

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:19 pm

bigkevbusa wrote:very nice dubs there a nice bike is it a b1? and are you going to retro it and update the handleing with a zrx front end and rear?

it s actually a gpz 750 R . transition model between the z 750 & the zx 750 , 1 year manufacture only .i have one as well , a cool little bike . :kuda:

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:15 pm

ProblemChild wrote:...didnt find a fork brace did ya , :lol: :lol: :roll: :kuda:.....

I think it has morphed into some fairing brackets ! :shock: You know how the magic in that shed works..... ;)

I also haven't found that bloody seat-pad from the Gixxer tailpiece unit ! It must have morphed into that butt-plug I found last week..... :kuda:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:39 am

An early Christmas present arrived today...should sort out my sloppy rear end :oops:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:37 am

mmmm from the motherland, I had a set of these on the Z500, nice piece of kit

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah, thanks to Billy (the kid) for getting me in touch with Darrell at Moose Racing.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:29 pm

dub wrote:An early Christmas present arrived today...should sort out my sloppy rear end :oops:

There shit mate, really good shit!

Should notice a massive improvement once they are installed...

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 pm

dub wrote:Yeah, thanks to Billy (the kid) for getting me in touch with Darrell at Moose Racing.

Darryl is a top bloke to deal with - he did the custom MX shocks on the back of the Z750Mx.

If anyone is looking at upgrading the shocks (or fork springs) on an old twin-shock dunger, you should give Darryl a call.....MooseRacingProducts.

:kuda:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:19 pm

good stuff dub . enjoy , must be time for another old dungers ride, then we can do some bike whoring if you like :kuda:

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 pm

New battery and braided lines since the last post

Definately needs a wash though!!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Thread resurrection time...

God i love this bike. It's been sitting under a cover (and some time at DMac666's place) and hasn't been started for 10 months. Battery charged overnight Sunday...sat all day yesterday...a minute or 2 with the fuel tap on prime...turned it over and within 10 secs the old girl had roared to life - even with 10 month old fuel!! A quick run up and down the street and she was idling perfectly.

Up on the stand to give it a quick once over, all looks good so I cleaned and lubed the chain and Reddie got a good tub all over. Looks a million bucks Just need some air in the tyres to bring them up to pressure and some fresh fuel.

Time to get a 3 month rego sticker for her then as it's an 82 so it's eligible for vintage rego, I'll get that sorted before the 3 month rego is out.

Today is a good day

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 pm

dub wrote:.... even with 10 month old fuel!! A quick run up and down the street and she was idling perfectly....

mate, now you know why I always bag those dickheads who insist that fuel goes stale after a few weeks - what a load of bullshit that is eh ? :lol:

Great to hear the Reddie is up and running again - I am guessing that your rego hasn't expired for >12 months yet ?

if you need any details on the local VJMC contact for inspecting your bike let me know - once you get 3 months on board, he will do his own inspection to verify 'authenticity' of the bike as historic - and you just take this form to a shopfront to get Historic rego. I did this on the 650 on the last day of the 3 months, 12 months club plates cost about $130 the first time around (new plate fee and establishment fee), but only $90 a year after that :kuda: :kuda:

Looking foward to seeing the old girl on an old dungers run soon

8)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Gosling1 wrote:- I am guessing that your rego hasn't expired for >12 months yet ?

if you need any details on the local VJMC contact for inspecting your bike let me know - once you get 3 months on board, he will do his own inspection to verify 'authenticity' of the bike as historic - and you just take this form to a shopfront to get Historic rego. I did this on the 650 on the last day of the 3 months, 12 months club plates cost about $130 the first time around (new plate fee and establishment fee), but only $90 a year after that :kuda: :kuda:

I'm pretty sure i got 3 months last Dec so should be fine. RegoACT site craps itself when I'm trying to pay the rego online, hopefully this is not due to be unregistered for 10 months. Will have to phone them tomorrow.

Bring on the LWH on friday :kuda: :kuda:
Post a reply